Can't change AI difficulty levels in an online game

jjkrause84

King
I can't change AI difficulty levels in an online game. Is that right?

Also, I'm in a team game and when my team researches a new tech only ONE of us gets the notification.

:(

I can't change AI difficulty levels in an online game. Is that right?

I don't understand what you mean... You can't anyway. In vanilla all AIs are locked on Noble. I have them on DarkMongoose because what the AIs are set to is actually only used for a couple of things, and I have them this way on purpose.

The difficulty levels the human players choose are (almost) all that matter.

Also, I'm in a team game and when my team researches a new tech only ONE of us gets the notification.

Not sure on this since I've never played in a team. I'll have to check.

OK, thanks. We weren't sure.

Also, I stil lthink wonders are a bit cheap. I can build Ise Jingu on by turn 36. By turn 36 I'll have access to ALL education civics. Far too overpowered, no?

EDIT: I didn't get it...but an AI got it on turn 24...24!!! He can build PUBLIC SCHOOLS in 28,000 BC? C'mon....

I may have the Jingu a little underpriced, that's very possible... I was trying to keep it in line with the very-low prices of all the other Prehistoric units and buildings.

I realize the Education unlock seems a little silly that early on, but it's probably the weakest civic category that can be unlocked overall (you can't really afford to run civics without losing more to maintenance than the benefits they provide early on anyway). It also fits the concept of that wonder (which I converted from being the shrine for the Shinto religion) reasonably well, and I didn't have a better idea for what it should do. :p

This is actually vanilla behavior and not something I broke, but I've gone ahead and fixed it... way to sneak it in under the 3.6.1 wire. :)

It never happened in vanilla to us before, but thanks for looking at it (we're having a blast, btw).

Just now I built the Terracotta army but my teammate didn't get access to all the Legal civics like I did. When I built the Silk Road earlier we BOTH got access to all the economy civics....so that might need attention.

EDIT: Any chance yo ucould consider earlier (MUCH earlier) dates of obsolescence for the "give yo uall the "x" civics" wonders? That way you could still keep them but nerf them sufficiently to make them "fit" a little better.

EDIT2: Playing now, we can study either Iron Working (gives Swordsmen) and Metal Casting (gives Macemen). Iron Working will take 16 turns, Metal Casting 18. This doesn't seem quite right.

It never happened in vanilla to us before, but thanks for looking at it (we're having a blast, btw).

Well the vanilla Python code I changed to hopefully enable this SHOULD have been blocking it from happening in vanilla, though there's also a remote chance the SDK code that triggers it was affected (I looked at that and didn't think there should've been a problem but I could be wrong).

Anyway, please let me know if it actually is working now. Glad you're enjoying the mod btw. :)

Just now I built the Terracotta army but my teammate didn't get access to all the Legal civics like I did. When I built the Silk Road earlier we BOTH got access to all the economy civics....so that might need attention.

Absolutely no freakin' clue why THAT would be happening... I've never touched ANY code that should affect this, and I was just using the standard vanilla XML values to add these wonders. Obviously I'll take a look when I have time though, thanks for letting me know. :)

EDIT: Any chance yo ucould consider earlier (MUCH earlier) dates of obsolescence for the "give yo uall the "x" civics" wonders? That way you could still keep them but nerf them sufficiently to make them "fit" a little better.

Yeah that's a very reasonable request, and I might be particularly inclined to do it with the Silk Road which I've already been worried for a while now might make the Trade tech as a whole a bit too powerful (though it's gonna have to be fairly powerful no matter what I do just b/c it's a gateway tech and a critical concept historically).

If I can get Fuyu to write his new civic code in the next few months though there will be a civic prereq and exclusion system as I mentioned a few weeks ago, that should have the effect of nerfing all the category unlockers a bit just generally.

EDIT2: Playing now, we can study either Iron Working (gives Swordsmen) and Metal Casting (gives Macemen). Iron Working will take 16 turns, Metal Casting 18. This doesn't seem quite right.

Metal Casting is a secondary requirement for Macemen, so it lists them for it, but they still need Feudalism too.

Top Bottom