1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't Connect

Discussion in 'CivWorld - General Discussions' started by Brownsfan02, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Brownsfan02

Brownsfan02 WWII Buff

Everytime I have tried to log on to a game I get that the server hasn't responded or that it's disconnected and I have to say it's getting kind of annoying. Does anyone have any tips on how to get in a game?

2. durecellrabbit

durecellrabbit Chieftain

Just keep refreshing until you get in. The server quality is terrible.

3. ecki2k

ecki2k Chieftain

Been that way for days... overwhelming enthusiasm...my as*, just place a sign saying "Closed till *however long it takes to scale the servers*" so people don´t waste time trying to log in for an hour :-/

4. Glinda

Glinda Warlord

Yeah, it's been horrible the last few days, but a bit better since last night.

5. Pinstar

Pinstar Ringtailed Regent

I can't get in at all, no matter how many times I refresh. What bowser are you using. I just get mine to start connecting, get the system message then it makes up to the 'e' in connecting and just dances around the E until I get the 004 error.

Just when they had me hooked and I came up with some crop formations that I wanted to experiment with. :(

6. Glinda

Glinda Warlord

I can get in now and again. I am using up-to-date Chrome on a mac. I am getting a lot of error 004, 006 and 041.

7. zbgayumn

zbgayumn Emperor

Starting last night, I found that the "Connecting" screen will take a very long time, but eventually lets you into the game. It seems like they removed a time-out limit or something, because I didn't get any errors, but a couple times the progress bar went back to zero.

OTOH, when I did get in, there were only 2 other logged in players in the ENTIRE GAME. So, connection issues can't have improved very much. BTW, I won 3 contests in a row because no one else was around. So, giving it 20 minutes to get through connecting was well worth it.

8. Quentin

Quentin King

Haven't been able to get in since 5 or 6 hours ago. Have refreshed maybe 30 to 40 times? Connection problem is particularly bad today.

9. Boozie

Boozie Chieftain

Logging in has been atrocious the past two days.

10. Panda_Power

Panda_Power Warlord

More and more people are trying to play from all around the world and their servers can't handle the load!

Did they really not think there would be, or plan for, a high demand?

11. Tatran

Tatran Deity

:lol:
    Btw, not a record. In one of my games I was completely alone for several hours.

12. Glinda

Glinda Warlord

I don't think planning has much entered into any of it. They have been REALLY slow to respond to bug reports on the 2K forum, even before the open beta, and then suddenly, yesterday, after someone posted calling them out for it, the community manager started to post. It's like they haven't thought it through much.

13. Panda_Power

Panda_Power Warlord

Now they take the servers down with zero notice and myself, like I'm sure many others, get kicked out of their games!

There's been no word from them for hours to even try and pacify everyone complaining about connection problems.

It just makes them look so amateur and totally clueless!

14. Quentin

Quentin King

Well it works now for me. Connected first try with no issue. Let's hope this continues.