Can't do city ranged attacks anymore

Eep

Chieftain
I used to be able to do city ranged attacks (city range strikes) but now the attack never happens and just cancels itself if I right-click (and left click does nothing) the unit to attack after getting the red arrow. Attack key does nothing either. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Wow, no one else having this problem??

While I frequently have this happen, selecting another unit and the re-clicking the city attack button has never failed to get it to work for me. The only time I've not been able to attack via a city was when the unit was completely behind a hill or forest or jungle or terrain that blocks the city from attacking.

While I frequently have this happen, selecting another unit and the re-clicking the city attack button has never failed to get it to work for me. The only time I've not been able to attack via a city was when the unit was completely behind a hill or forest or jungle or terrain that blocks the city from attacking.
It doesn't work for me, no matter how many times I left-click the unit after getting the red attack arrow. Before clicking anything, the ranged city strike red circle will appear, I left-click it, the red tile highlight+arrow BRIEFLY appear and then disappear and the game enters the city management screen. I left-click the ranged city strike red circle again and the red tile highlight+arrow stays appeared. I left-click the unit to attack (either its unit icon or the tile it's on) but nothing happens. If I right-click the unit, the red highlight+arrow disappears and still no attack. Unit ranged attack seems fine but I must right-click the unit I want to attack after getting the red highlight+arrow.

Top Bottom