1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't download what i want...

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by CivRulez07, Jul 27, 2009.

1. CivRulez07

CivRulez07 Warlord

i'm trying to download some free stuff for windows live messsenger from here. however, when i sign into Windows Live Messenger and click on the "download now" link for the messenger 10-year anniversary pack, year-round messenger backgrounds, or any other item for messenger, i recieve a message (see the screenshot attached to this post), even when i'm signed in and i've refreshed the page. does anyone have any ideas on what i could do to make it work?

Attached Files:

2. GVBN

GVBN Emperor

What's your messenger version? Works fine for me on 14.0.8064.206

3. CivRulez07

CivRulez07 Warlord

hmm...i've got the same version as you...could the browser affect whether or not it works? what browser are u using?

4. GVBN

GVBN Emperor

Ie 8.0.7100.0

5. CivRulez07

CivRulez07 Warlord

really? hmm...i'm using IE 8.0.6001.18702, but i'm in america and it's the latest version...

when you click to download, do you get a warning message about an ActiveX control?

6. Macha

Macha King

I'm guesing one of you is using the Win7 RC which has different version numbers for IE8