Can't edit Gold per turn in editor? Help!

Civ3matt

Chieftain
Hi, I just created my 'Called for Duty-World at War' mod. And, it seems I can't edit the countries gold per turn, like +8000 or whatever. It always has the gold per turn in the nagitives like -500 or something:eek:!! So, I put the gold on 100000 and them I'm wondering why Germany can build the Tiger tanks so quick, so I knew anyway it was the gold I put:sad:! Can someone please tell me a tab in the editor where I can put the gold per turn:confused:?
By the way, I'm using the Civ3 Conquests editor:help:.

AFAIK, there is no setting for gold per turn. You could probably mod the roads to give a ridiculous amount of GPT, but it would give it to everyone.

I am guessing that your huge negative GPT is from a ridiculous number of units? Units that you pre-gave the civs rather than them building? If my assumptions are correct...

In the Editor, go to the Governments tab and adjust the "Unit Support Costs" section, making each town, city and metropolis support a higher number of units. OR Increase the number of free units that a government allows.

If you want the unit costs to disappear entirely, change the Cost/Unit to zero or click All Units Free to remove units over the limit from your cities costing gold. Also, you could uncheck 'Requires Support' from specific units, if you want to go that route. However, this may effect the units that AI chooses to build, so I'd recommend working with the government settings.

EDIT: Sorry cross post with Micaelus. His post wasn't there when I started writing mine.

Sounds like you need to do some work on balancing your mod in this respect. Many factors contribute to gold per turn. Buildings can increase your tax out put, roads as Turner mentioned, Govt types via corruption levels and how many military units are free, building costs etc. Some of the quickest ways to get rid of your negative GPT would be to set a high number of free units in the govt tab, or even make them all free (you can also un-check requires support in the units tab of the editor, for individual units) and making some buildings require no maintenance.

It requires a lot of time to balance modern scenarios in this respect I've found because you are giving the civs so many buildings and units.

Not sure what you meant about the Tigers? How did gold per turn effect whether or not they were produced? Was it just that Germany had to disband everything because they had no gold?

One other thing that has not been directly mentioned here yet is buildings. When I first started playing civ I know it was the buildings that killed me, I had too many too soon so for example I was paying 2 gold/turn maintenance on coliseums in little two population villages.

If a civ is running negative there is a good chance 1) it has more buildings than it can afford at the moment, 2) it does not have developed enough a road/rail system, and/or 3) it does not have enough economic improvements; banks etc.

Good Advice in the above Posts... especially concerning Improvement Maintenance costs as well as Unit Support and How many Units are Free.
IF the Starting positions are too costly before the CIVs can get started with enough Roads and Resources, etc... to be able to pay for it all, you can also give more Starting Gold to the CIVs. If this is a Scenario, you can set the Starting Treasury in Scenario Properties under Players.

Top Bottom