1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't end turn due to blockade

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by japanesesamurai, Sep 10, 2020.

1. japanesesamurai

japanesesamurai Prince

Hi

So here's a good one... After building the Venetian Arsenal you get an extra boat when you build one. This wonder was in my possession.

I had a Dido harbor in front of my coastal city.

I was at war with Japan.

Japan blockaded my city and after the boats were finished, I couldn't get them out of my city because of the blockade.
    So I was stuck on this turn: "unit needs orders". It needs orders because there are two boats on the city tile.
    I can't get passed this turn.

What a bunch of bollox.
    Game over!

2. Draco84

Draco84 Warlord

Annoying Bug for sure.

To get around that issue is to post ctrl(shift?)-enter, this forces your turn to end.

3. Naeshar

Naeshar Warlord

I think there was an option to force end your turn, shift enter or something like that.

AntSou likes this.
  4. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

I don't know whether there's a special shortcut to end turn, but I have experienced a number of situations were the bugged movement algorithm has left units in a position that they can't move out of, and this won't let you end the turn normally. The only solution I have found it to load an autosave and try to prevent this condition from happening in the first place.

5. japanesesamurai

japanesesamurai Prince

It is annoying, but SHIFT + Return (next action) will force the end of the turn. So problem solved.

I ended the game either way. Japan was too strong capturing all my cities with their boats! I had 4 biremes to defend in the industrial era with ancient walls :D
    I should have never kidnapped those 4 tasty settlers in the ancient era. He he. But what would you do if you see 4 settler boats in a row just outside your border? ;)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    Noble Zarkon likes this.
  6. cain3456

cain3456 Prince

7. GIDS888

GIDS888 King

Personally, I delete the unit. Sucks, but works.