Can't end turn due to blockade

Hi

So here's a good one... After building the Venetian Arsenal you get an extra boat when you build one. This wonder was in my possession.

I had a Dido harbor in front of my coastal city.

I was at war with Japan.

Japan blockaded my city and after the boats were finished, I couldn't get them out of my city because of the blockade.
So I was stuck on this turn: "unit needs orders". It needs orders because there are two boats on the city tile.
I can't get passed this turn.

What a bunch of bollox.
Game over!

Annoying Bug for sure.

To get around that issue is to post ctrl(shift?)-enter, this forces your turn to end.

I think there was an option to force end your turn, shift enter or something like that.

I don't know whether there's a special shortcut to end turn, but I have experienced a number of situations were the bugged movement algorithm has left units in a position that they can't move out of, and this won't let you end the turn normally. The only solution I have found it to load an autosave and try to prevent this condition from happening in the first place.

It is annoying, but SHIFT + Return (next action) will force the end of the turn. So problem solved.

I ended the game either way. Japan was too strong capturing all my cities with their boats! I had 4 biremes to defend in the industrial era with ancient walls :D
I should have never kidnapped those 4 tasty settlers in the ancient era. He he. But what would you do if you see 4 settler boats in a row just outside your border? ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom