1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't enter into diplomacy

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by malfuriouspete, Sep 15, 2015.

1. malfuriouspete

malfuriouspete Chieftain

Don't remember if this was an issue in Civ4 as well - I'm at war with a particular civ (Khazad), left them with 4 cities and I want to make them an offer of being my vassal. However, when clicking their name on the right side of the main game screen (where it shows their score, alignment, etc) nothing happens - no "refuses to talk" warning or anything. Can click on other civs normally and enter negotiations but not this one.

anyone ever have this issue? any recollection what the fix is/was?

thanks,

2. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

it often happens in the early days/turns of the war.. or if the innimity is high enough

3. malfuriouspete

malfuriouspete Chieftain

think i've been at war with them for 30+ turns,

even when a civ as the "refuses to talk" you can still bring up the diplomacy box, in this case nothing comes up.

4. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko WM junkie

are you playing Bannor and using Crusade civic? if so it's intended

5. malfuriouspete

malfuriouspete Chieftain

I think i've *derped* myself then... yes I am using the bannor and in a crusade... duh

thanks for giving my head a shake

6. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko WM junkie

have fun :)