Can't establish trade routes

Rygaros

Chieftain
Hi,

So, playing my first game for the expansion.
I've set up plenty of trade routes and I know there is a limit of 1 trade route per city, and 2 once they reach lv 10 and so on. But now all of a sudden I can't establish more trade routes for some reason. I have one city with 1/2 trade routes used and two new cities with trade depots who has 0/1 trade routes used. But none of them can't make a trade route to anyone. I have tried change citites with the trade convoys but no success. And I have both close by own cities as well as stations and AI:s.

I dont get it why I cant make new routes all of a sudden. Is there some max limit allowed for your empire worldwide? I have like 6-8 routes ongoing atm.

Would appriciate some help:confused:

A bit Obvious, but maybe your main city has routes going TO the cities that you want to set up trade routes from?

No miasma is blocking.

Hm, that might be true. But is there a limit that you only can do one way trade routes now?
For example Ard is trading with Aswat Haida. Then Hajar cant trade with Aswat Haida.
If this is the case that might be the problem. I could do that Before though. Maybe an patch or just the expansion that put a limit to this.

But anyhow, I stills hould be able to trade to the AI or the outposts. That one is still unanswered

Sounds weird. It doesn't sound like you are missing anything. Posting a save might help :)

Hm, that might be true. But is there a limit that you only can do one way trade routes now?
For example Ard is trading with Aswat Haida. Then Hajar cant trade with Aswat Haida.
If this is the case that might be the problem. I could do that Before though. Maybe an patch or just the expansion that put a limit to this.

Yes, this is correct, you can only have one trade route between any two of your cities. As far as I know, this has always been the case in BE, though it was not a rule in Civ V.

No idea about the stations and AIs, though. You are limited to sending one trade route empire wide to each station, but there shouldn't be any shortage of AI cities to trade with, unless you're at war with practically everyone.

When I go to the trade overview and push the button available trade routes it states several options. But once the trade convoy is in the city, nothing shows up. Super weird

Might add the savefile tomorrow if anyone got time to look into it

Rygaros, assuming you are using Steam. Make sure you save your game and also a copy go Steam Cloud.

Uncheck the box for DLC for Rising Tide. Then uninstall the Beyond Earth game from Steam. Reinstall the game and recheck the box for the Rising Tide DLC.

Upload a save but from a previous load before you started to make the Trade Convoy.

My guess is that you had initially started to create a Trade Vessel and then in the middle of it all, the new Patch was installed. The new patch took away Trade Vessels and replace them with Trade Convoys.

Hope this helps.

Rygaros, assuming you are using Steam. Make sure you save your game and also a copy go Steam Cloud.

Uncheck the box for DLC for Rising Tide. Then uninstall the Beyond Earth game from Steam. Reinstall the game and recheck the box for the Rising Tide DLC.

Upload a save but from a previous load before you started to make the Trade Convoy.

My guess is that you had initially started to create a Trade Vessel and then in the middle of it all, the new Patch was installed. The new patch took away Trade Vessels and replace them with Trade Convoys.

Hope this helps.

OH! This sounds like can be the problem
Because I started this game some time ago but ddint finish couse due to a China visit.

But I was so certain that there was convoys and vessels. But now only convoys.
Thanks alot. I wil try that uninstall thing right away

Thanks alot Gilbert, that was the case. I did as you described and now it worked:goodjob::goodjob:

General rule: don't continue your games after the game was patched. There are always some issues with that. It's better to start a new game and avoid random strangeness.

Top Bottom