Can't find civ4 files!

Philly D.

Chieftain
I'm trying to locate the XML files for Civ4 on my computer, but cannot find them anywhere -- the Civilization IV folder in my "Documents" has saved games, but nothing else!

I hear that the rest should be in the Steam folder in Application Support, but there is no Steam folder there!:mad:

My Steam library folder for downloads is /Users/[name]/Library/Application Support/Steam, but there is no /Library file there! I know I have the files on my computer, as I play offline.

Has anyone had this problem before? I have spent over 2 hours looking for these files, and without them no mods or changing map sizes:help:

1. The user's Library folder is hidden in modern Mac OS versions. Select 'Go' in the Finder menu and hold down the Alt key to see Library. Select that.

2. The software files, including xml, are probably inside the Civ4 application package. I don't have the steam version, but if you find Civ4 (or Civ4 Beyond the Sword if that's what you want) in Library .... then right click it and select 'Show Package Contents'. Then navigate to the Assets folder to find the XML files.

Top Bottom