1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't fire nukes there?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Col.D, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Col.D

Col.D Chieftain

I've got sattielights, and I've explored both places already. But I can't nuke London or Bremen, the 2 capitals of the enemy English and Germans. I'm the arabs on Earth 1000 AD and I'm ahead by a good margin but the english- german close allience is getting me in trouble, I had 10 or so nuked, sent them off in minor cities, 4 left, and I want to use them on capitals, so....How come I can't send the nukes on capitals?

2. maltz

maltz King

Do you have your own units nearby? Not sure whetherh this is the reason.

3. jimbob27

jimbob27 Emperor

You can't nuke your own units or any units of a civ you're not at war with.. So I guess there must be a neutral unit in the city.

If you can't see anything..... there could always be a spy there (I dunno if you can nuke neutral spies or not...... but i'm guessing you can't)

4. Col.D

Col.D Chieftain

Nopes, tho 1 sec, mebbba a spy is in france lol, it's beside both ;\

5. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

maybe they have sdi?

6. scienide09

scienide09 Regular lurker

Is any of the land controlled by YOUR cultural borders withing the blast radius? Just like your units, you can't destroy your own land.

Since you mentioned that you're trying to nuke capitals, this is probably unlikely. But it's worth checking.

7. Crighton

Crighton Emperor

if you're cultural border now touches his capital nuke one sqaur away from his capitl and catch it with the blast radius as opposed the direct hit, same damage done :)

or some nutral is in the city preventing you from doing it, in which case declare war on everyone and nuke ''em all

8. Soniku

Soniku Chieftain

ah, you just answered my question I was gonna ask ^^

yeah, it seems you cant nuke places too close to your land...

9. Black Waltz

Black Waltz Prince

Or a neutral civs land. If the blast radius includes a Civ you are not at war withs borders, then you can not launch the nuke.

10. Crighton

Crighton Emperor

whats really bogus is when some nutral dipsh$% has a unit in the target zone and prevents you from nuking ARGH!!!!!