Can't get BTS to start

Sultan_of_ATL

Chieftain
I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything. I have the latest patch and solvers patch. I click on the game.exe file and get a busy pointer in Vista. Then nothing happens. I try launching from GameComrad and it tells me that the program is running, but its not in Task Manager or in Processes. Any help?

I'm on vista and mine works(Steam version), make sure all your drivers are up to date!

Still having issues with this. Anybody got any other suggestions? All drivers updated, have the latest civ patch, ran system check for errors, no known viruses on system according to micro trend. I'm having serious Civ withdrawal, any help would be a humanitarian effort.

I'm also unable to load BTS with Vista. Just recently upgraded to Vista. Installed BTS from DirectDrive and it worked the first time I played it. Since then, I get the same results as described...just sits there trying to start and nothing. I've reinstalled it twice and no change.

Here's an update. I reloaded DivX10 and BTS started. Played for awhile last night. Today, it won't load. It hangs while "checking XML".

If I had a clue to your problem I'd tell ya but I don't. You might want to browse/repost in the Technical Support forum. Maybe you can find some help there.

Not sure if this will help you, but I can't start BTS by using the icon, I have to open and close my cd drive for it to get going.

Same issue again. Wouldn't start. Reloaded DirectX10 again and BTS starts right up. Very strange behaviour. Guess I'll have to make a shortcut to reinstall DirectX when I'm ready to play :)

i downloaded bts from direcr2drive.com and it want start at all missing a .dll file what is the quick fix for this? we are redownloading and reinstalling now not sure if that will fix it but if there is something i don't know please let me know

I've had the same problems with vista and opening Bts, but I found a go around fix for it. If you right click on your cd drive in explorer and click 'run autoplay' Bts should start up. It's not pretty but it gets the job done.

stupid Vista.......mine is from Direct2Drive so i can't use the cd icon trick

damn I hate microsoft

damn I hate microsoft
I am sure they are plotting against us all! :p

Moderator Action: Deleted - We do not allow discussions of pirated software.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

As I understand it, you get no error message or anything, correct? Yet installing DirectX10 solves it...

Did you update your video drivers?

When the game hangs again, try this. Go to task manager, kill explorer.exe. then ell icons on your desktop and your start menu and everything vanishes. Click on file - or at least the option in the upper left corner of task manager, not sure on the english name - and select the first option. Type 'explorer.exe'

Now everything is back in place the way you left it, Try to run Civ. Does is work then?

I am sure they are plotting against us all! :p

Moderator Action: Deleted - We do not allow discussions of pirated software.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

As I understand it, you get no error message or anything, correct? Yet installing DirectX10 solves it...

Did you update your video drivers?

When the game hangs again, try this. Go to task manager, kill explorer.exe. then ell icons on your desktop and your start menu and everything vanishes. Click on file - or at least the option in the upper left corner of task manager, not sure on the english name - and select the first option. Type 'explorer.exe'

Now everything is back in place the way you left it, Try to run Civ. Does is work then?

OMG IT WORKS!!!!!!

I....I think I love you, marry me?

stupid Vista.......mine is from Direct2Drive so i can't use the cd icon trick

damn I hate microsoft

hey i got mine from the same place and after you install bts go to your start menu and on the right click games in there you will find the icon that starts the game... i did this it works you can also drag it out onto the desktop to find it faster

I've had the same problems with vista and opening Bts, but I found a go around fix for it. If you right click on your cd drive in explorer and click 'run autoplay' Bts should start up. It's not pretty but it gets the job done.

well i got it to work by going to my start menu and clicking "GAMES" on the right side in there is the right icon to start the game without doing all that... thanks alot though

I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything. I have the latest patch and solvers patch. I click on the game.exe file and get a busy pointer in Vista. Then nothing happens. I try launching from GameComrad and it tells me that the program is running, but its not in Task Manager or in Processes. Any help?

well i got it to work by going to my start menu and clicking "GAMES" on the right side in there is the right icon to start the game without doing all that

Top Bottom