Can't get my 3D unit model to work

MoeTheCamel

Chieftain
I was working on this model a while ago and had given up on it but I've decided to pick it up again. I have a 3D model for a Tigger unit (the character from Winnie the Pooh) and I have a dds texture file for it. I've just been trying to get it into the game without any animations because I figure it'll make my life easier and it's meant for a joke mod anyway; I figure it'll be funnier if it just T-poses around the place. I've gone through the process of uploading an fbx into Nexus Buddy, adding a material with my texture file as the BaseTextureMap and exporting it as a gr2 and then putting that into Nexus and producing an fxsxml file, but it never seems to work properly and I'm at the point where there are too many possible things that I could be doing wrong and I have no idea what it is.

My best guess is that it's something to do with having a skeleton for the model - I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to modelling (I found this model online) but when I compare the Tigger to a working unit model from a different mod in Granny Viewer it says there is no Skeleton LOD in the Tigger, and also there are no sub-mapped textures for the Tigger. Similarly, for whatever reason the fxsxml files produced by Nexus only have one line in referencing the gr2 file and nothing about textures which I've seen in the fxsxml files of working mods. Also when I load the unit into the game with these files, I get a swirling black mess and no model. I'll attach a screenshot of this happening in-game as well as the model gr2, the texture dds and the fxsxml file. What I'm hoping for is either someone to explain where I'm going wrong or even better someone who can fix my files for me so that it works in game.

Attachments

• Tigger.rar
    4.1 MB · Views: 39
Top Bottom