can't get on the scenarios

sirWOW

Chieftain
I have the latest patch downloaded but I can't get on the scenarios I can get on the scree where they are but once I choice one and it starts loading the computer says an error has ocuured and the following program needs to close or something like that

Did you choice "Play Scenario" and then start the scenario called Fall from Heaven Scenarios (or something like that). That should take you to the scenario screen the right way and then the scenarios should start, but

For some reasons you must do this when you start up civ/ffh, you cannot start another civ game or so and then press the scenario button you have (in this case) make a re-start and do the Play Scenario thing.

I have the same problem and cannot find the FFh scenario in the Play Scenarios menu that DemonMaster has mentioned :(

So if you 1) Start up fall from heaven, 2) Select Single Player, 3) Select Play A Scenario, 4) Select Fall from Heaven II Scenarios a small fake scenario should load but on top of that the Scenario Screen should load. The fake scenario that is on the scenario list should already be highlighted (at least it is for me when I choice Single Player/Play A Scenario.

On the Scenario Screen 18 scenarios are listed, but only a couple of them are "opened", those you can play "out of the box", the rest of them needs to be unlocked (i.e. win another scenario). But if you have messed with civ before during this session (i.e. played a game or so) and then exit to main menu and try to start a scenario, there is a chance that the game will ctd, it is best to have a clean start before trying out a scenario.

What if the scenario Play a fall from heaven 2 scenario, or any scenario worded like that, does not exist?

I have this problem. apparently i either got a bugged download or a bad game. I use steam civ by the way.

Make sure you have the latest patch. The "Fall From Heaven II Scenarios" scenario was added in one.

I'm having a similar problem - only after downloading the s patch. However:

When I choose the Play Scenario from the Single Player Menu, it gives three errors saying there was a problem loading worldbuilder file, but still opens the menu. When I select Fall From Heaven II Scenarios it gives me a similar worldbuilder error, but still loads a scenario. When the map is loading (is it supposed to load a map before I chose a scenario?), windows crashes.

I'm using BtS on windows vista. It has a few other problems (although I'm not sure whether they're related to this one); mainly with saving anything. It won't allow me to create save files in the game directory (I save them in another), it won't save any after-game data (hall of fame, etc) and it didn't create any shortcuts when installing.

I'm having a similar problem - only after downloading the s patch. However:

When I choose the Play Scenario from the Single Player Menu, it gives three errors saying there was a problem loading worldbuilder file, but still opens the menu. When I select Fall From Heaven II Scenarios it gives me a similar worldbuilder error, but still loads a scenario. When the map is loading (is it supposed to load a map before I chose a scenario?), windows crashes.

I'm using BtS on windows vista. It has a few other problems (although I'm not sure whether they're related to this one); mainly with saving anything. It won't allow me to create save files in the game directory (I save them in another), it won't save any after-game data (hall of fame, etc) and it didn't create any shortcuts when installing.

It sounds like you have UAC (user access control) enabled. We have had a lot of weird reports from people with UAC, I would disable it and see if it works.

Top Bottom