1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cant get past turn 1

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by docjager, Jun 16, 2012.

1. docjager

docjager Chieftain

Game worked fine prior to patch.
    Now stuck on Turn 1 w/'a unit needs orders' though ive already founded my city and moved my warrior....
    Please help!

Moderator Action: Thread moved to tech support.

2. drivebyposter

drivebyposter Chieftain

I was having the same problem someone suggested I do this and it worked for me.

1. Open up your config.ini (My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/)
    2. Look for the following line: EnableGameCoreThreading = 1
    3. Change it to: EnableGameCoreThreading = 0

3. docjager

docjager Chieftain

Tried that w/o improvement...
    Its unfortunate as i only play once or twice a week and have tomorrow off :(
    Anybody else have any idea?
    Again, everything was fine before the patch

4. Scam

Scam Chieftain

I have a problem where I cant move units at all, but I can end my turn. changing Enablegamecorethreading = 0 did not fix the issue. I can use automated exploration and the units move, but I cannot interact with units really.. I can choose production and use all UI elements, just not unit movement. Very odd to say the least and very frustrating.

Running Windows XP (game works 100% fine on desktop with windows 7 -- high end machine). In a place where I cannot access internet from desktop at the moment and cannot run steam in offline mode.