Can't go to next turn after finishing Future Civic

ZarkinFardwarks

Chieftain
I finished Future Civic, but can't research it again and so I can't progress the game.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot mentioning the patch version. It's the most recent patch, 1.0.0.129. Also, I've just attached the save file.

Attachments

• 20170409233531_1.jpg
    20170409233531_1.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 344
  • HARALD HARDRADA 319 1896 AD.Civ6Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 219
Last edited:
I eventually found out that I can force next turn by pressing Shift+Enter, so I was able to finish the game.

When I got to Future Tech, though, I wasn't able to research that one multiple times, either.

The future techs have worked fine for me. It looks like you are running mods so maybe it is related to them.

Notwithstanding your confidence in that mod, try disabling it and see whether the problem persists. If it does, you've found a possible game bug. If not, you've found a possible mod bug. Either way, we will know a bit more than we do now, since no one else seems to be reporting this glitch.

Reactions: tzu
Notwithstanding your confidence in that mod, try disabling it and see whether the problem persists. If it does, you've found a possible game bug. If not, you've found a possible mod bug. Either way, we will know a bit more than we do now, since no one else seems to be reporting this glitch.

I've tried disabling the mod, but the game won't let me load the save if the mod is missing. Since it's only a UI mod, I don't know why it would do that. Is there a way to force the game to load the save or to edit the mod out of the savegame?

For science, I opened a game with CQUI enabled, granted myself all Civics (Firetuner), and was able to end turn just fine. Even after granting myself a few thousand culture to trigger discovering Future Civic over and over. So it's not likely the mod causing the conflict, unless it's an issue related to a mod update/pre-patch game.

I have the same issue. I'm afraid I'll be looking at the Choose Civic Notification for the rest of the game.

I just realized the save I have now can be used to report at least 3 major issues, so I might have to do that.

I had the same issue in my last game. I could not select another civic to research after completing the entire civics tree. I am running the CQUI mod too so I will post this on that thread.

Now I can select neither Civic nor Research. Both are permanent fixtures now. Thank goodness for the Shift-Enter turn hotkey.

I had the same problem and I'm also using the CQUI mod.
I found a "solution" in my case:
Go into the CQUI Menu -> Popups -> then disable the option "always open full tree instead of popups"
This way, only the side panel on the left opens and there I could select "future civic" like normal.

I guess it's a problem with the mod.

I just encountered this same issue for the first time. I'm not running any mods. I'll try the Shift+Enter workaround. Thanks!

I had the same issue appear. Most recent patch, no mods installed. After completing Future Civic, it stayed completed and unable to be selected again.

Double check whether any mods are inadvertently enabled. This is a classic mod conflict issue.

I had the same problem and I'm also using the CQUI mod.
I found a "solution" in my case:
Go into the CQUI Menu -> Popups -> then disable the option "always open full tree instead of popups"
This way, only the side panel on the left opens and there I could select "future civic" like normal.

I guess it's a problem with the mod.

Works for me, thanks for the hint!

Top Bottom