Can't install patch!

absinva

Chieftain
Hello all, I'm brand new to these boards. I was a huge fan of the old '94 version of Colonization and my brother and I used to play it for hours on end. I just found out about the new Civ 4: Colonization this weekend and spent all day yesterday downloading and playing an initial game. I found out about both the patch and Dale's mod last night and tried to install both, but am having serious difficulty. The mod sounds pretty awesome so I naturally would love to play it; however, I understand that even though the mod has everything that the patch does you still need to have the patch to run the mod.

So I downloaded the patch from the "Advanced" menu with no problems, but when it comes to actually installing it, I receive an error message that states: "the setup has detected that no version of Civ IV:Colonization has been installed. This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed". Obviously, I do have a previous version installed because I spent most of yesterday playing it. So I am puzzled. I was rather impatient about getting the game so I did a digital download from BestBuy instead of having it ship to me. I am now regretting this tremendously as I think that is where the problem is.

Can anybody offer some troubleshooting tips? I must confess, I'm not that tech savvy and don't really have any other games on my computer, but I am dying to play this new mod so any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you so much, in advance!

Problem wasn't resolved. Anyone know how to fix this?

I'm also getting the "the setup has detected that no version of Civ IV:Colonization has been installed. This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed" message

After all this time, they still didnt fix it lol. Guys you would have to do it manually and no point clicking on the "check for update" while in game.

Top Bottom