Can't launch the launcher

Echoloco12

Chieftain
Every time I open the launcher, I get the message "There seems to be a problem with the previous update. Checking file again." It then checks the files, but then once it gets to zero, it closes automatically. I try opening the launcher again, and then the whole cycle starts again.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Also, sorry if I published this post in the wrong category-- I wasn't sure if it was a game-related bug because I can't open the game in the first place, and this is more a request for help more than a bug report. I did a quick google search though and I don't seem to see anyone else having the same issue, so at least my problem is probably new, at least.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

The updater wasn't changed for a long time, so it can't be a new thing (though it has/had some issues).
Have you tried reinstalling?
Also: Where did you put the mod, MyGames or ProgramFiles? The later is more recomended.

Yeah, the updater is a little buggy so don't use it to update your mod...
You could check your RoM-AND mod folder for a 0-Byte file called "updating" and delete it. This should break the endless update-check cycle and the launcher should start normal after that.

Top Bottom