1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't load modded savegame

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by ekolis, Dec 25, 2013.

1. ekolis

ekolis Chieftain

I asked this over on the Steam forums, but I figured I'd ask here as well, in case I can get a quicker answer.

So I started a modded game, then saved after 100 turns or so. When I loaded my save, I neglected to enable the mods, thinking the game would remember which ones I'd had enabled. But 10 turns in, I noticed that the mods weren't working, so I saved to a new save file and enabled the mods. Even after enabling the mods, though, they won't work; it just plays as a stock game - not just with the second savegame, but even with the first, as if it had been corrupted just by loading it without the mods enabled!

So, is there any way to get my mods back, or is my save permanently corrupted? :(

2. ekolis

ekolis Chieftain

Never mind, I figured it out. Apparently I had to completely exit Civ5, then restart it, load the mods, and load my original save.