1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't load the art...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by dotk1988, Oct 22, 2009.

1. dotk1988

dotk1988 Chieftain

Ok, I've never loaded a mod before for Civ, so I'm a complete newbie. Here's a few facts to help you help me!

I am running Windows Vista
    I installed Civilization IV Complete
    My Beyond the Sword game installed to my "/MyGames" folder and I can't find it anywhere else on my computer, like in the C:/ drive.
    That was its default install location, btw.

Ok, so for the problem: As the title states, when I start a new game none of the art loads. The Leader pictures, the territory, nothing. It is all this pinkish/purple color.

I installed everything exactly as the readme states, at least insofar as I know. Again, I'm new at this.

I am running the updated BtS with the latest patch, as well as the patched Star Trek Mod. The main screen loads just fine as do the sounds. Can anyone please explain, in dumb-person words, what I might have done wrong?

PS: I have searched this forum and found people with the same problem but I didn't understand anything they said about how they fixed it. I know nothing about the inner workings of computers, just like to play games. Plus, I didn't see anyone having installed their game to the Documents/MyGames folder and I'm not sure if that is the problem or not.

2. deanej

deanej Chieftain

The My Games folder isn't actually your install folder. It likely got put in the Vista default folder, which is totally weird. Try looking in <user name>\AppData\Roaming\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Assets (or similar; may be in a 2K games folder).

3. dotk1988

dotk1988 Chieftain

Stupid me, it WAS under Program Files but I kept looking for the Fireaxis folder, not the 2K folder, which is where it installed. lol It works just fine now! And great mod btw! Best one yet!