1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't load worldbuilder map

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by Lord Chambers, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Lord Chambers

Lord Chambers Emperor

I created a map/scenario in world builder. It worked fine and I played it for a bit, then stopped to correct some errors I noticed, specifically three rivers that weren't fully continuous and moving a start location by a hex. When I attempt to start a new game with the updated change, the game hangs on the loading screen. I hear all the narration, and even waiting several minutes after it stops, the game still does not load.

I can load all other saved games and custom maps just fine.

I don't have any antivirus software.

I have tried restarting. I also have tried resaving the worldbuilder file under a new name.

Why can't I start my journey?

2. Lord Chambers

Lord Chambers Emperor

No joke, I went into Worldbuilder and undid the changes, and now it loads again.
    W
    T
    F
    Watch those rivers, men.

3. Lord Chambers

Lord Chambers Emperor

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=391574
    Although there is no way to designate or even view which edges are the start or end of a river in Worldbuilder, if you make a mistake, your game will not load.

I guess a good rule is to avoid closed circles though. Also, many small rivers look like ish because the source of the river deforms the landscape.