Can't make Luonnotar

Valder

Chieftain
I'm playing my first FFH game as the Grigori, and I haven't been able to upgrade any of my units to Luonnotar. I've researched Strength of Will, and I've tried to promote Level 6 mages and dragon slayers, but the option to promote them to Luonnotars hasn't appeared. I've been using the in-game civilopedia and Xienwolf's manual as my guide, but they don't say anything about needing a specific kind of unit or building in order to make the upgrade. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

Only specific units can upgrade to Luonnatar. Luonnatar are UNITCLASS_DRUID, so Priests and Rangers (as well as Scouts and Hunters, since they upgrade to Rangers) can become Luonnatar. Grigori Medics also have the ability. Dragon Slayers used to, but don't anymore.

Personally I think the level 6 requirement should have been removed a long time ago. Recon units aren't particularly Luonnatar-like either, so I'd rather the Luonnatar be made a seperate unit rather than an Druid UU. In my version it is a seperate unit, with no level requirement, available at Philosophy. I made Philosophy later and more expensive though, and cut the Luonnatar's base strength in half. They however gain the ability to target and defend first against disciple units, and instead of Inquisition they have 2 Enlighten spells, one to remove religions from cities (including the city's owner's state religion) and another to make units abandon their faith (which of course deprives priests of their spells).

Top Bottom