1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't Play Game since Switching to Mojave

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by Navelgazer, Mar 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Navelgazer

Navelgazer Chieftain

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but Civ VI ran generally fine for me, even with the GS expansion, except for a few glitches. After switching to Mojave I can barely start it and it creaks to a grinding halt when I do. This is... frustrating. Anyone know any fixes? Thank you!

narmox likes this.
  2. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

I haven't had any problems since switching to Mojave. What are your system specs?

3. LFRANK

LFRANK Semper Fidelis! Supporter

Experiencing no issues here running the game on Mojave on both an iMac and MacBook Pro. Did you do anything else after upgrading to Mojave?

4. madeirabhoy

madeirabhoy Chieftain

is the memory use increasing the whole time? I posted on a separate thread itll actually crash my mac. I hadn't played civ for ages, but knew I had on my 2017 imac, but it probably was pre Mojave.
    I opened it, started a game, left it open, went to bed and my computer had crashed due to lack of memory.

i started again, and my memory use goes from under 2gb to 6.5gb within half an hour of just waiting, a few turns into the game. I suppose on an 8gb machine it might crash the machine whereas on more than 8gb it might not have such a noticeable effect.