1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't post; site thinks my post is spam

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by ScorpionWasp, Nov 20, 2016.

1. ScorpionWasp

ScorpionWasp Chieftain

I'm trying to post a second reply in the official K-Mod thread; the system allowed me to post once. Now it says my message "looks like spam, or might contain "inappropriate" elements", and to contact an admin. No instructions given on how to do that. My post doesn't even contain links or images.

Pretty frustrating, if I can be frank here. More informative and specific error messages would go a long way.

2. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

Hi ScorpionWasp,

It's because we enabled an anti-spam feature that requires 3 posts before link can be posted.

Ryika likes this.
  3. ScorpionWasp

ScorpionWasp Chieftain

Well, then it would seem to me that there's a bug with that, since I included no links or images in my post. Nevertheless, I now have the 3 posts (with this one) and will try again.

4. Toteetaller

Toteetaller Chieftain

I have the same problem : I just registered for reporting a bug on QuickUI and tried to post without any link or picture and I am filtered by the spam bot.

Very very frustrating.
    Posted 3 posts and now I can post indeed.

But your spam filter is broken.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  5. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

My apologies for the inconvenience. I've tweaked the settings a bit... any idea what you posted? It would be useful if you knew so that I could see what further tweaks to make.

6. username4

username4 Chieftain

Also strange behavior here. I made the following thread directly after joining:
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/x10-multiplier-mod.615972/ .

I could post a link directly, without making 3 posts first. But now I can't edit it, since I have not made 3 posts yet. But since this is my third post, it should work from now on.