Can't Put Together the Spaceship. No One Has Won Yet

This happened to me at least once. I started playing Civ about a month ago, downloading Vanilla off steam. Won a science victory on my first Settler difficulty game, then on my next game or two couldn't get my rocket assembled. I just assumed i was nuts.

Unless I'm mis-recollecting vanilla, he couldn't have built SS parts unless he had built Apollo. Again, unless my recollection of vanilla is mistaken, there's never been a requirement that you build Apollo in your capital, only that it be built and that you send your SS parts to your current capital for attachment to the SS. If you lose your original capital, parts go to your new capital. But I haven't played vanilla in forever, so maybe I'm way off base. (Where's Tractorboy when we need him?)

I definitely did the apollo program as which was shown in one of the first screenshots. I tried bringing the parts to the cities that could've researched the apollo programs and none of those have worked either.

You haven't met at least one of the players, but I don't see why this would keep you from assembling the spaceship. I see you are one turn from finishing the current project in your capital. Could there be a game glitch that doesn't allow you to move any part in this specific turn? Or maybe you have another unit stationed there that I can not see, like a worker, an inquisitor or a garrison?

Maybe I'm mistaken, but your last screenshot seems to show the cockpit and one of the 3 identical parts in the city, I guess you can only move in one at each time. Try to leave ONLY the cockpit there by the end of the turn and see if you can assemble it at the end of this turn or on the next. Then move in with the other parts once it's assembled, maybe it works.

You haven't met at least one of the players, but I don't see why this would keep you from assembling the spaceship. I see you are one turn from finishing the current project in your capital. Could there be a game glitch that doesn't allow you to move any part in this specific turn? Or maybe you have another unit stationed there that I can not see, like a worker, an inquisitor or a garrison?

I'll try and finish the project in my capital right now and then try and assemble the parts and then get back to you. There are no troops in my capital, at all btw.

That's is the only possible explanation, everything seems to be fine with your game, maybe it's just the turn. Good luck!

Having no project in the city didn't help. I'll try having the cockpit in first, then I'll try moving in another piece.

Try only the cockpit, if there is any other part stationed in the city, this may not work. anyway, if you are not playing for an achievement, you should consider this game already won :)

Maybe I'm mistaken, but your last screenshot seems to show the cockpit and one of the 3 identical parts in the city, I guess you can only move in one at each time. Try to leave ONLY the cockpit there by the end of the turn and see if you can assemble it at the end of this turn or on the next. Then move in with the other parts once it's assembled, maybe it works.

No matter what I do, there is no option when I put a piece on the capital, there is no option to start building the spaceship. Tried every single piece, but nothing is working.

At this point I can almost say this game is bugged. You map on the bottom corner shows all the tiles (probably due to satellites research), so that unmet player in the victory screen makes no sense at all. Can you open all the trading screens or there is still an unmet player on your diplomacy screen? I THINK satellites would not allow unmet players in the game, so as a last resource, I would suggest you to check all the AIs and try to trade embassies to see what it happens.

Try only the cockpit, if there is any other part stationed in the city, this may not work. anyway, if you are not playing for an achievement, you should consider this game already won :)

Tried that too. If only the cockpit is on the capital, and there are no piece even in the cities limits, there is no option to start assembling it, and when I move another piece to the capital, the two parts just change places. And I know I could consider this a victory, but I would like to at least send the rocket off to space and actually win win the game.

I mean I have like 300 something turns left, and I have the most advanced army by far so I could win that way, but I'd be close and I want to win this way and I also want to fix this bug because I want to be able to win via science at least one time.

Maybe the issue is because in the victory progress none of the parts are showing up as made, though I'm not 100% sure those are what the other parts in the science victory progress are for. (Check screenshot)

Attachments

• CivilizationV_DX11 2013-08-06 13-44-07-45.jpg
    CivilizationV_DX11 2013-08-06 13-44-07-45.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 550
Yeah, I played zVitiate's save forward last night about 20-30 turns and nothing worked. Moving parts to other cities, destroying a part and rebuilding it, etc. The game would let me start building the UN, but I didn't play forward long enough to see if I would lose the game when it was done (with CSs in perma-war, diplo victory is out of the question :lol:).

Victory progress is only updated when parts are actually attached to the space ship. Nothing is updated due to building the parts.

At this point I can almost say this game is bugged. You map on the bottom corner shows all the tiles (probably due to satellites research), so that unmet player in the victory screen makes no sense at all. Can you open all the trading screens or there is still an unmet player on your diplomacy screen? I THINK satellites would not allow unmet players in the game, so as a last resource, I would suggest you to check all the AIs and try to trade embassies to see what it happens.

Yes, I have researched Satellite and there is still one unmet player. So I guess it is bugged? Anyway for me to fix the bug, or would my best bet just be to go to war with everyone and try and win that way before time is up?

Attachments

• CivilizationV_DX11 2013-08-06 13-48-04-89.jpg
    CivilizationV_DX11 2013-08-06 13-48-04-89.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 259
I understand your pain, the science victory screen is the coolest... doing whatever I can to try to help you figure this out. About the parts showing up as made, IIRC, they only show up in the victory screen once each one is assembled. This is why I tend to do what you did, build all the parts and only then assemble the spaceship, so unless the AIs have spies in all my cities, they will never know close I am to the victory until it's too late. But I always managed to assemble, except one time that I tried to launch the ship AFTER winning diplomatically.

I understand your pain, the science victory screen is the coolest... doing whatever I can to try to help you figure this out. About the parts showing up as made, IIRC, they only show up in the victory screen once each one is assembled. This is why I tend to do what you did, build all the parts and only then assemble the spaceship, so unless the AIs have spies in all my cities, they will never know close I am to the victory until it's too late. But I always managed to assemble, except one time that I tried to launch the ship AFTER winning diplomatically.

Do you think that there is a bug in my game, being that even after I discovered satellite, there is still one unknown country? Should I try re-installing the game, or is it a "this game" issue?

That's the only thing I can think about at the moment, there shouldn't be any unmet players once you discovered satellites. It would make sense if this player lost all his cities before you met him, but the screen says 9 players are in control of their capitals, so he is clearly one of these 9. Sorry, but I don't know if re-installing the game would help, I've never seen this happening before. Maybe someone else can step in and help with the brainstorming....

That's the only thing I can think about at the moment, there shouldn't be any unmet players once you discovered satellites. It would make sense if this player lost all his cities before you met him, but the screen says 9 players are in control of their capitals, so he is clearly one of these 9. Sorry, but I don't know if re-installing the game would help, I've never seen this happening before. Maybe someone else can step in and help with the brainstorming....
Getting Satellites only gives you world map. You still have to physically met the playe.
JD

Top Bottom