Can't raze cities

Salamandre

King
hello,

First, thanks for amazing mod, I didn't like Civ4 so much but with the potential this mod offers, its back to fantastic.

Now, I played the mod as it is and everything went well. After one game, I started to mod text files, prohibited some promotions ( desert + cold as I play only pangea grass/plains), changed some values to resources, the length of game values ( longer research, AI more friendly), nothing structural and heavy, I precise I know modding those files rather well, from civ5.

Yet now I have a bug and no clue from where is coming, thats why my thread. i can't raze anymore cities, i pillage until population is down to 1, then at next pillaging it shows zero, 0, but the city doesn't get erased as before. And the pillaging options in commands is no longer. Where should I look for that, I am 100% sure I didn't alter anything related to units commands, yet is there so I need to use world builder to erase cities I conquer.

Also if I load the save in 100% clean game, it updates xml files upon request, yet still can't pillage.

>Thanks

Last edited:
Ok found an old save. There is a barbarian city ready for razing somewhere middle map, with my units in. Next pillaging order will put city down to 0 pop, no razing. Thanks for looking into

I have another question: AI-human trading techs ratio is scandalous, somewhere near 10 to 1 ratio at deity level. Do you know where I can tweak this so it looks a bit more realistic, so I do'nt research every tech in the game by myself?

Attachments

• bug city razing.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Ok found an old save. There is a barbarian city ready for razing somewhere middle map, with my units in. Next pillaging order will put city down to 0 pop, no razing. Thanks for looking into

I have another question: AI-human trading techs ratio is scandalous, somewhere near 10 to 1 ratio at deity level. Do you know where I can tweak this so it looks a bit more realistic, so I do'nt research every tech in the game by myself?

I will have a look at the save.
As for trade, there's no easy way to change that but the reason you are experiencing this is the deity difficulty. Basically, difficulty changes techs costs so if you are on deity and you are researching say Alphabet and tech cost is 1000 for you, for AI that same tech costs 100. Hence the reason why they mostly don't trade with you. You think you are trading something great but it's really something cheap for AI. It's supposed to work like that on that difficulty. Don't expect to trade techs like you're on Noble when you are on Deity.

Top Bottom