Can't Remove BUG

Framesticker

Prince
So I installed BUG a few days ago. Had some with it, but for some reason, it would load up ingame even if I didn't actually activate as a mod - so all of my games were with BUG, which was pretty irritating so I decided to remove it. I went ahead and uninstalled it, which made the problem even worse - now it would give me a constant "BugOptions - cannot locate setting folder" (pic below) in the info section of the screen, blocking other ingame info. I than decided to uninstall and install my Civ4 Complete, thinking it might a problem in the game. Did so - no effect. Still the BugOptions error and the BUG interface.

This is probably a really simple problem, but I'm getting plenty irritated with this. Please assist, noting that my only goal is to remove BUG from my system.

Problem:

How did you install it? Single player mode or Multi-player mode?

If Single player mode - rename your customassets folder to something else and see if that fixes it
If multi player mode, locate the BUG mod under your 'prog files' BtS install and delete it

The error messages you are getting typically indicate a problem that BUG is having with your directory structure. Do you have write access? Are you running windows 7? Do you have a non standard ascii character in your windows user name?

Top Bottom