Can't respond to a condemnation in kind

oakdragon

Stagnating amongst the Siliconians
Supporter
I'm playing a game where the PAC was my nearest neighbor early on and they condemned me for going back on my perceived promise not to have expeditions "near them". I get that. However, in Civ V, I could respond to another civ's condemnation by condemning them. Civ BE does not give me that option. Is there a non-buggy reason for this change?

It's probably best to just ignore them. Given that the AI has now condemned me for "removing miasma near them" when the only miasma I had removed was 3 tiles away from my capital (although not in my territory) and 5-6 tiles away from their nearest city I think it's safe to assume everyone is gonna hate everyone in most games regardless of what you do, why bother getting involved?

However, in Civ V, I could respond to another civ's condemnation by condemning them.

You mean from the same screen where they condemn you? Since when?

If you mean condemning them later once it's your turn, it is possible.

You mean from the same screen where they condemn you? Since when?

If you mean condemning them later once it's your turn, it is possible.

I mean later, once it's my turn. I haven't had that option yet in BE.

It's probably best to just ignore them. Given that the AI has now condemned me for "removing miasma near them" when the only miasma I had removed was 3 tiles away from my capital (although not in my territory) and 5-6 tiles away from their nearest city I think it's safe to assume everyone is gonna hate everyone in most games regardless of what you do, why bother getting involved?

No good reason, perhaps. I'm certainly no strategist. When I started playing Civ V, I thought it might discourage aggression on the part of the AI. I suppose it doesn't really. I just tend to still do it out of habit.

Top Bottom