Can't seem to figure out Civ4CityLSystem.xml.

Mouthwash

Escaped Lunatic
I need a bit of help navigating this file (the Varietas Delectat version specifically), because its structure make it much harder to use Notepad's search function effectively. Here are four things I'm hung up on:

1. The Incan Forbidden Palace in VD seems to have a separate modern/future version, but I am unable to find it anywhere in Civ4CityLSystem or the FPK (I know it's called 'Great Palace,' please don't tell me this). It's a big thick tower, looks a bit like the Empire State Building. EDIT: Found it, it was called ruministry02.nif. It's Russian, apparently.

2. Where is the early Native American academy? EDIT: Also solved.

3. I would like to know how to give trading posts (Viking UB) regular lighthouse graphics after the Renaissance era.

4. How do I add new building types? Varietas Delectat doesn't seem to cover supermarkets, but simply adding an entry called 'building:LSYSTEM_SUPERMARKET' doesn't seem to work.

Finally, if there's a general guide to this file, I would appreciate a link to it. The modding wiki isn't very helpful and I've wasted a lot of time on this.

Last edited:
ah mouthwash. I found this file very inpenetrable too, if you find a guide, I would love to have a butchers at it

Would have been a lot easier had I known that the exclamation mark signified that the culture was NOT included.

Use Notepad++. It's as easy to use as Notepad, but it has understanding of xml, meaning it has syntax highlighting and ability to collapse children, meaning you can hide whatever you don't need to look at.

Sorry, that's what I was using. I don't know what you mean.

Top Bottom