Can't start a game

BarendC

Chieftain
When I load the mod, select a civilization, and a map. nothings is wrong, but when the game is loading I gat a failure message and the game exits. Can somebody please help me because is really sucks. Also when I want to look into the civilopedia it doesn't the pictures of units.

by the way 7 days ago the mod still functioned properly

From the bug thread
"4. If FfH crashes when starting a game and when you look in the Civilopedia from the main menu and you can't see units, then you have only applied the patch and you need to download and install the main mod (then reapply the patch)."

This problem already started before I had installed the patch, I installed the patch because I thought it would end the problem. but thanks for your help anyway

From the bug thread
"4. If FfH crashes when starting a game and when you look in the Civilopedia from the main menu and you can't see units, then you have only applied the patch and you need to download and install the main mod (then reapply the patch)."

I have problem too i see the units and can play scenarios but when i start play now sh when loading is done chose civilization and game start loading game crash i have instaled patch 3.17 and i have instaled full version media pack and FfH2040X...what i have to do i canot play

I have problem too i see the units and can play scenarios but when i start play now sh when loading is done chose civilization and game start loading game crash i have instaled patch 3.17 and i have instaled full version media pack and FfH2040X...what i have to do i canot play

If you can play scenarios but your game crashes when it starts a normal game then your video drivers can't play the opening movie (the movie doesnt play before scenarios). You need to disable movies to play. Some players have been able to fix this by updating their video drivers.

it appears that you have not dowloaded thefull mod.Thelink isatthe top ofthedownload screen it says "Downloadfallfrom heaven II" its NOT in thesameparagraph as the mediapack and patch.

I downloaded the mod another time and I istalled it... but I still can't play the mod.

I downloaded the mod another time and I istalled it... but I still can't play the mod.

Did you try disabling the movies?

I tried that but it didn't work. Any other tips, I already uninstalled the damn thing and downloaded it again and then reinstalled the mod, that didn't wirk

Have same problem, Mod is starting, I can chose civilization and difficulty
starts to load and then crashes

used a computer with vista instead XP same problem!!??? turned grafik to low also doesn't help

is it coz of german language?? use intel dual or quad

and how to turn off videos, cannot find this option at all?

I installed FallfromHeaven2.exe 386MB
mediapack and patch also

Any idea??;)

Last time I had this problem was when I did not have patch 3.17 for BtS installed, although I was sure I did.
So, even if you think you have it, you should try patching BtS with the 3.17 patch.

I have 3.17 installed, because I bought the complete edition of civ 4, but to be sure can you send a link to me?

I have a strange bug with start up. The game doesn't even initiate. I open my task manager and see the cpu at zero and I have waited before but nothing happens. It's like my computer just decided not to bother starting the game. It stops around 20,000 k, and if I end process and restart it will get a little further, but I usually have to do this several times before the game even starts. I am playing on a lap top using vista and I imagine this to be a windows problem. I haven't seen any other post indicating this is a problem for any one else. Any ideas how to fix this?

I allready installed 3.17...., anyone has any other clues

Load FfH and post a screenshot of the Advanced Options -> About this Build screen and we will check it out.

I'm having pretty much the same problem as the other posters. Load the mod, select map, terrain, civ, click start, loading bar gets about 40% of the way across the screen, crash to desktop. Here's the build info.

The mod is working again :p I Just reinstalled the whole game again and now it is working again

I'm having pretty much the same problem as the other posters. Load the mod, select map, terrain, civ, click start, loading bar gets about 40% of the way across the screen, crash to desktop. Here's the build info.

Your playing an incrediably old version of the FfH (one from before the update to 3.17). You need to redownload the full mod, then reinstall and patch.

Last time I had this problem was when I did not have patch 3.17 for BtS installed, although I was sure I did.
So, even if you think you have it, you should try patching BtS with the 3.17 patch.

Hey, installed that patch manualy and it . .. .. .. .ing WORKS!!! :crazyeye:

Top Bottom