1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't start a game

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by SteelSterling, Aug 8, 2011.

1. SteelSterling

SteelSterling Chieftain

I ha a problem with version 15 so I deleted the folder. I had problems with another mod so I reinstalled Civ 4 completely. I then downloaded 15.1. The problem is I can't get past the screen that shows my civ's leader. I click on "continue" and it crashes to desktop with "Civilization 4 has stopped working".
    I have Win7 64 bit. Previous versions have worked fine. :(

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Try the old way once, cause i use shortcuts.

BtS, advanced, load a mod, and then select C2C.

3. SteelSterling

SteelSterling Chieftain

I re-downloaded 15.1 and it still won't work. I started BTS, selected advanced then, lod a mod and started C2C. Got everything set up but at the opening screen where it shows all the options in the pop up on the right of the screen, I click "OK" and it crashes to desktop. Luckily I still have 14 and that so far is working okay.

4. SteelSterling

SteelSterling Chieftain

I tried the latest DLL patch from 8/10 on top of 15.1 and it still crashes when when starting a game. Version 14 has been working okay so far...

5. Player9

Player9 Chieftain

I have got the same problem. Always when I try to start a new game there is a ctd.

6. EldrinFal

EldrinFal Chieftain

I've heard that some settings can linger from previous games-- even from different mods.

Try this:

1) Load BTS and do a Play Now game.
    2) Once the game starts and you're in, quit out of that game.
    3) Load C2C mod and start your game as normal.

If it still crashes, post the map script you're using and the settings on the right side of the setup screen.

I also have Win 7 64 bit and v15 hasn't had any crashing for me, other than when I tried to Regenerate a Map w/C2C Perfect World.

7. Player9

Player9 Chieftain

It is a pity, but this does not work. Ok I have not windows 7. I still use the good old XP.

I have no settings and used this time ROM Achipelago,Achipelago bevor the changes: ROM Achipelago, Achipelago, C2C Perfect World. The amount of error reports was at least cut in halve. Other Mods I used before: Master of Mana, Dune, ROM A new Dawn.
    I try some more things, but I do not have a lot of hope.

8. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I use ROM Archipelego a lot, so it's definately not the map script

9. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

I can confirm the problems. Version 14 was fine with standard maps, even c2cperfect world was generated without probs. v15 doesnt work but on small maps so far. have newest videodriver patch by nvidia from 8/9/11 so it must def. be something like new terrain or whatever that makes it so much easier to ctd. I will go back to v14, as far as the SVN I just dl won't have same prob as another prob was that after c2cperfectworld doesnt worked I tried to play another mapscript and I was not able to start prehistoric there, always found me in ancient start although I set prehistoric. Strange bug.

10. SteelSterling

SteelSterling Chieftain

I tried Rom custom continents as well as perfect world. I've also tried with/without revolutions enables, with/without barbarians, limited religions off/on, and a few other changes. I actually completely reinstalled CIV 4/BTS before I downloaded and installed C2c 15.1 so it couldn't have been any leftover files. I'm just glad I at least have 14 working.

11. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

When you reinstalled bts I presume you also patched it back to 3.19 (just checking)

12. SteelSterling

SteelSterling Chieftain

Yep. I downloaded 3.19 before I started.

13. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

Tested v15 SVN revision 133 and all I can generate without CTD is a tiny c2cperfectworld map, with v14 I was able to generate standard size. What happend that I CTD so much sooner now?? Maybe its the terrain? How do i get the old & uglier one back? maybe put out a light version with worse terrain and static leaderheads? (btw last time I searched for static I didn't find it...)