1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't start the game

Discussion in 'CivBE - Bug Reports' started by PhilBowles, Oct 24, 2014.

1. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

I have an odd bug when trying to load the game - as soon as I click 'play' and the option shows to play either Beyond Earth or the 'AMD Mantle' (whatever that may be). I select the first option, the box disappears, and nothing happens. Then, a few seconds later, the option box reappears again.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so what's the solution? I just upgraded my PC to Windows 8.1, but have verified that other Steam games still load correctly.

2. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Try verifying the integrity of your game cache (right click on the game in your library, go down to properties, then local files, then verify the integrity of game cache). I have no idea if that'll work, but it's always a useful first step.

3. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

Navigate to the Beyond Earth game folder within your Steam install folder (mine is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth).

Check for the presence of a .mdmp file that matches up with the date and time of your issue.

Also, kindly post your dxdiag.