Can't submit latest WOTM

Orion071

Home School Tutor
I've been trying for the last 2 days to submit WOTM 13, but it won't work. I fill out the form and specify my save file and reply file and hit submit. It waits for a few minutes and then brings me to an Internet Explorer error screen. I never get a confirmation that my game was submitted or a confirming e-mail. Is it just me or is the submission system down?

Assuming you are using the name Orion071 to submit your files, your submission has not been received. If it were, you would receive an upload report. I am not even seeing any error reports from your attempts, so the file upload is never completing. The most likely reason for failure is that either your PC or your Internet Service Provider is blocking the file upload.

I used to have the same problem while I was living in England, and it had something to do with my ISP (Virgin) blocking the transmission. I never got to the bottom of it, I am afraid, and had to bother the poor GOTM staff with old-fashioned email submissions. I am now in Belgium and it works fine.

Out of curiosity, it would be good if you post the answer when you find it. Good luck!

Well, I tried a few things and couldn't get it to work, so I e-mailed the files to my work computer and submitted it there. Not an ideal solution for me, but it works.

As indicated at the bottom of the submission page, if you have consistent problems with the submission system, you can use the email link there to send your files to us at gotm_submit <at> civfanatics <dot> net, and we'll submit them on your behalf. The acknowledgement email will come back as a reply to the email address you send from.

Please do not abuse this option. It is not a shortcut way of submitting, as you still have to give the same details as you would enter on the submission form.

Top Bottom