Can't Upgrade Warriors?

Yeti

Prince
I haven't played Civ in quite a while, and just started playing again, and noticed that I can't upgrade my warriors to swordsmen.

I have the resources and can build swordsmen directly just fine.

What comes to mind is that this is related to something I installed to play one of the Games of the Month in the past?

Anyone ever heard of this? Know of a fix?

Thanks folks!

Wow... it really has been too long since I played. I've gone from being able to win at emperor (I think that's the one just below deity) to not remembering I need barracks to upgrade units...

Thank you!

This would probably be better suited for the quick answers thread but whatever.

You need to have barracks in the city where your warrior is standing. Then, providing you have the correct resources connected and enough cash, you can upgrade. No barracks in the city your warrior is standing, no upgrade. ;)

Originally posted by Yeti
Wow... it really has been too long since I played. I've gone from being able to win at emperor (I think that's the one just below deity) to not remembering I need barracks to upgrade units...

Thank you!

Ouch, that is long... I had a similar problem after beta testing Conquests for 5 months with forgetting the finer points of the game (spending 12 hours finding a crash does that to you...). I've refreshed myself on most of them though.

Top Bottom