Capital City Foundation Inquiry Commission

Maybe now that this "problem" has risen we should prevent any future mishaps by making some kind of exploration policy, like explore FIRST then SETTLE. Just any kind of exploration doctrine would be nice to have.

I personally voted for a move west, but they like Provolution said, no one here is to be blamed. No rules were broken. This is just one of the pitfalls of democracy.

I support you too DaveShack, although I don't remember who I voted for pres :crazyeye:

I really don't see a point in this thread, what is done is done, I'll be honest, while i skimmed your long debate on where to place this capitol, I never actually read the thing. WHY? Quite simply because I DO NOT HAVE TIME to read your long analysis. I went with what I might have done, actually to be honest I might have stayed put but that wasnt an option...a breach in the democratic process by someone, and i can almost guarantee that that is very very bad form...I really don't much care though, it really is only a game. Let's drop the subject, no point in argueing dead issues

PS- Don't bother responding to me in any way that is directed at me because I'm shunning this thread as a waste of space, time, effort, talent, (need I go on?)...

General Bobby Lee

It seems we have different notions of democracy. you need a senate, prefer war to diplomacy, and see no need to fix up flawed decision processes which many of us considered inferior to the standards we consider appropriate to live by.
Well, we care, and ignoring us is not going to be helpful at all, you are free to consider this thread a waste of your time and talent to argue "dead issues"...

Well , I will tell you what, we will BURY similar flawed processes in the future, so these flawed processes will be DEAD, DEAD and DEAD for the foreseeable future. (The formal execution of this processes) Rather spend your talent denying diplomatic ouvertures....

In order for us to agree on some fair democratic groundrules for setting up polls and city localization alternatives in an orderly fashion, so that people are not slapping trouts around the heads of each and everybody.

On developing a case for a city alternative

1. Explore all tiles in any city alternative
2. analyze tile efficiency for 6-12 tiles (notice all Departments and Governor)
3 compare worker/settler development time/build queues (notice Domestic Minister)
4. Factor in strategic role of city (notice President)
5 Consider a plan for city defense improvements (notice Military Advisor)
6. See what additional infrastructure/improvements is needed(notice governor Zarn)
7. Define external defensible border (notice Foreign Affairs Dept.)
8. Define culture expansion in phases, and a culture plan for the city (Culture Dept.)
9. Define science development in phases (Science Dept)
10 Consider the acquisition of all strategic and luxury resources by the city alternative, how long it will take to develop them into tradeable goods in turns (Trade Dept)

The procedure for deciding on the city build would be the following

City proposal should be posted in it own City development thread in the Domestic Ministry, with a link to the Citizen Group pages, so everyone can see the proposal.
The proposal should also be PMed to each Minister and the respective Governor.

Tile Effiency : 50 % of City Alternative Evaluation

The President, Vice President, the six ministers, the governor and the Official Cartographer will each rank their evaluation of the tile efficiency from 1-5.
Tile efficency is one of the most critical points in placing a city, in fact vital.
Tile efficiency will then net a potential 50 points maximum, and each evaluator is free
to develop their own criteria in giving these points.

Departmental Evaluation

Each Specialty Ministry, President will then have an equally important evaluation of the following:

Strategic Role of the City: President may give 5 %
Development Plan for City:: Domestic may give 5 %
Defense Plan of City : Military may give 5 %
External Boundary Plan of City: Foreign Ministry may give 5 %
Strategic Resource and Luxury Development Plan Trade Ministry may give 5 %
Research/education development plan of city Science Ministry may give 5 %
Cultural expansion development plan of city Cultural Ministry may give 5 %

Judiciary Board Evaluation of legality of city alternative: 10 %

5 point checklist, all must be approved to give the final Judiciary Evalutation and approval of alternative.

1. All tiles are explored
2. City is within reasonable distance of the nation center
3. All necessary documents are submitted in time
4. All forums have been notified
5. All rules have been followed

The Judiciary is then allowed to consider the risk of corruption in the city, with their own analytical criteria, considering distance from Capital, Forbidden Capital, eventual courthouses and police stations, as well the pace of city growth and border culture.
The Judiciary may then give 0-10 % based on these criteria to the alternative.

Finally, the Domestic Minister will have a joint governmental and Judiciary review of the
City alternative, where the Domestic Minister will poll the top two alternatives to the Congress (Public Poll), where each Congressman/Citizen give their vote.
The Domestic Minister will be free to present his preferred alternative to the two to the congress, and will present both alternatives in full. The Domestic Minister and Governor will also be in charge of the naming process of the city, appointing a Mayor and the other duties related to administering cities as Domestic Minister.

End note

with this model, everyone is accountable for every step in the process, and still be in tole with their present functions and mandates. This model will preempt apathy, as the
5-10 point model is very transparent, with a final peak at max 100%. This evaluation model will preempt silly populist proposals that are not well put together, and hold the entire decision chain of Japanatica accountable prior to the Turnchat, holding the powers in the forum. Public polling of the final two results has several advantages.

10 advantages of the system based on prior experiences of Fanatikku

1. There will be no more compass direction decisions, with split votes
2. Only the two best alternatives will be considered for one settler
3. Noone can hide away from responsibility, and everyone is held accountable, those seeking to hide in the process and then later pursue individual decisions must have their things well put together, and has to defend their decisions as well.
4. We are assured a strategic holistic, yet economically viable option
5. All departments affected by the new city is allowed input
6. The Judiciary is included in the appropriate manner, letting them also consider corruption, a relevant area that may be neglected in the jungle of details.
7. For future reference, all historic and cartographic data will be more easier to access for external and new readers, as we have seen continous use and abuse of
prior DG history in political debates and election campaigns.
8. Every single citizen is held accountable, from the inception to the plan, voting to the plan and postbuild inquries on the legal, democratic and strategic validity.
9. Automated procedure, we will not be discussing new ground rules from city to city.
10 Easy to implement, clear cut processual chain that can ve handled in less than two days with a minimum of input, yet create enough background data so people is interested to read about the outcome and read. This system will counter apathy and promote political participation based on objective criteria, and reduce mudslinging.
Each evaluation point giving should be followed by 1-2 paragraphs, structured by the Domestic Affairs and then recompiled by the Dept. of Domestic Affairs. The City proposal can come from anyone, but if it is proposed by the Domestic Minister, the handling of the Ministerial side must be handled by Deputy for hability reasons.

Fanatikku is a functional city, but the question of validity of the decision process is disturbing. In a good system, such a question would never be raised.
This solution buries these questions for good.

I seriously hope this will be implemented.

Top Bottom