Capital City Of The World!!!

scotland_no1

Jimmy Hat Salesman
Ok. Before answering this thread, here are a few rules to keep people on track:
1)No city can be named more than once. with exeptions to Q5 (see below)
2)This is not civ rules for capitals. eg: age doesn't matter, it is just the cultural currently, and invasions and takeovers of the city therefor do not count.
3)Pictures of any of the cities you name may be added if you wish, but that is optional.

ok here are the question, answer them with what you think they should be :p

1)Most Beautiful city in the world
2)cultural capital of the world
3)economic capital of the world
4)Greenest city (least pollutive, nicest to enviroment and the city must have 1million+ people to make it easier to work out, or it must be a capital city)
5)Overall capital of the world

decide as you wish with the first 4 questions then for the last question you can use one of your cities again... or you can use a new one that you hav not mentioned.

P.S. discussion is good if you dont agree with others choices :p but keep it on-topic

You should add another rule, for greenest city: to be 1 million + . Many towns in God forsaken places, with no industry or infrastructure can meet the standards.

Originally posted by scotland_no1

4)Greenest city (least pollutive, nicest to enviroment)

Well if you want a city that's not overpopulated and polluted, Cardiff. Masses of open land compared to most other cities. Not bad culturally either.

:)

Originally posted by Aphex_Twin
You should add another rule, for greenest city: to be 1 million + . Many towns in God forsaken places, with no industry or infrastructure can meet the standards.

just edited that in, thank for the pointer. sry that means cardiff cant be in it :(, nor can edinburgh for that matter

EDIT- i changed the rule so that it can also be a capital city, many capital cities across the globe ahve less than 1 million, so this makes it fairer

1) Most beautiful: I would have said Venice, but it does not have 1 million inhabitants. So it will have to be Paris.

2) I do not believe there is a "cultural capital" today, as Paris or New York used to be.

3) Economic: New York. Easy.

4) Greenest: No city over a million inhabitants deserve that one.

5) "Capital of the World"? Can't think of a single city worthy of that title.

Ok, maybe the 1 million mark is a bit unfair...

1) Paris
2) Paris
3) New York
4) have no idea
5) Tokyo

I think Honolulu might qualify for four. Although I admit, I'm a tad biased. ;)

Jerusalem. Make it UN HQ, an international city governed by the UN directly. All people of all faiths and all nations have access to Jerusalem.

Greenest City: I once heard that the steel and congrete mass called Birmingham in the centre of England was the world's "greenest city" because it has more trees than any other.

I don't know if it still holds that record. It does still hold the record of having the most miles of cannals.

Another quirk: When P.Clinton visited Birmingham, they painted the grass green. It was the middle of summer and the local population ended up with paint on their clothes! :lol:

Example of a beautiful "city".

In south England, there are a handful of smaller settlements that are classed as cities because they host a cathedral.

Chichester is one such example. It's an old Roman city with a number of Roman features, even the ancient road layout has stood the test of time. Such places could still be classed as beautiful but I don't know which is deserves special recognition.

1) As Kinniken said : it would be Venice, but as it's not big enough, Paris.
2) Paris.
3) New York.
4) Probably Tokyo, but I'm not sure about it at all.
5) Jerusalem I think.

My home town, Iasi would qualify as a beautifull city, but has only 600,000 inhabitants.

i still havent said my answers :p
well here they are
1)Amsterdam(netherlands)
2)St Petersburg(russia)
3)Tokyo(japan)
4)Rekyavic(iceland)
5)Tokyo(japan)
well thats my list

1) Paris
2) Paris
3) New York
4) Tokyo
5) New York

i wil be able to check out next year what tokyo is like with the green status, im going there on holiday YAY :p, its gonna be fun, well anyway on-topic, fomr the holiday atlas and brochure it has many many parks, but i still keep rekyavic as my green city, even though it doesnt have many trees(above the tree line) it is very eco friendly.

1) Paris, France
2) New York, USA
3) New York, USA
4) Reykjavik, Iceland
5) New York, USA

4) Reykjavik, Iceland
Indeed, it is one of the cleanest 100,000+ cities in the world.

Top Bottom