• Manu Ail

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grant2004

Citizen
In accordance with the citizen's initiative: Naming, a majority is required for a city name to be chosen, therefore the previous poll on this topic was inconclusive and per the initiative the issue must be re-polled with the top 3 options.

Xanadu

Manu Ail

None of the above

In the event that this vote also fails the initiative says another poll will be held with the top two vote winners.

This poll will close in 3 days

What poll?! I think someone forgot to add something :).

EDIT: I obviously replied too fast.

It probably would have been OK to have more discussion before repolling. I will predict some people voting NOTA to make that point, and it is a good point.

It also shows why detailed rules are sometimes bad -- if the initiative had stopped with saying a majority is required, then the process for obtaining that majority is left open to using what is right for the times. :)

man....kind of quick on the polling there.

The citizens initiative ordered the poll this quickly, if you're voting none of the above because of that I consider that an obstructionist vote, delaying progress in the game.

Frankly there were 3 days of discussion, that should have given people plenty of opportunity for people to post their ideas. One of the problems I'm seeing with this game is too much want to talk about things, but not enough will to make decisions. If we ever want to make progress we need to discuss quickly and vote, we didn't even get a citizens view on the last tech we researched.

Unless there is an ammendment to the initiative I will continue to follow their procedures.

The citizens initiative ordered the poll this quickly, if you're voting none of the above because of that I consider that an obstructionist vote, delaying progress in the game.

I think there may be some confusion here. I imagine that the rate at which the game progresses would be independent of whether we have renamed the nation or the capital. I'm waiting for a suggested name that is clearly better than what we already have. Maybe that means waiting until the game develops more character. E.g. do we want a warlike name? A commercial one? A religious one? Why not see how we are playing and then pick a name that fits?

I'm curious as to how this could possibly delay the game? If we never decide on a name could we not still play this game out to a victory?

This decision in no way IMO delays or obstructs the game, nor do any of us who voted "NoA" for that reason.

Frankly there were 3 days of discussion, that should have given people plenty of opportunity for people to post their ideas. One of the problems I'm seeing with this game is too much want to talk about things, but not enough will to make decisions. If we ever want to make progress we need to discuss quickly and vote, we didn't even get a citizens view on the last tech we researched.

Unless there is an ammendment to the initiative I will continue to follow their procedures.

This would not cause delay to the game. We can always rename.

Top Bottom