Capto Iugulum: 1920 - 1939

Edit: Phone double posted

To: UK

We would very much appreciate permission to use your new doctrine.

From Occitania
To World
CC Spain

Occitania announces proudly our first diplomatic success in the post-war era, the Occitania-Spain Free Trade Agreement, which by the end of next year, will completely remove tariffs; we hope another step in the ever onward march to prosperity.

Occitania-Spain Free Trade Agreement

1. Full reduction of tariffs between the nations of Occitania and Spain by the end of the year 1926.

Emperor Fernando VI de Trastámara

What bits did you change Bair? I hope I didn't convert 'Konradsköping' to katakana correctly.

Also:

Of course, attached to this is the British Royal family, which is exceedingly daunting.

And here, we stand in disagreement. Kongo is not the thriving democracy that once flourished in the Scandinavian Empire, but a democracy it remains, of sorts.

The Kongo Society is a corporatist dictatorship of the plutocracy. In Christinestad, the worker is only as free as the pithy wage he is paid by his slavemaster allows him to be. In Stockholm, he is servant to no man, free to partake of the fruits of his labor in community with all his fellows. Regardless, Daniel Drevot and his band of pirates and vagabonds are enemies to all nations.

First Proletarian Mannerheim will take peace of mind when the Usurper of Adjuuramark is brought to justice.

I have edited that into the Treaty. What was incorrect about my transliteration of the treaty's name?

Nailix said:
Where do you come up with all this history for Vinland? I want to come up with a royal family tree like you did but for Italy, but idk where to look for the info.
Well, I read old updates, I talked to Lord of Elves (who ran Scandinavia and was thus the leading expert on its Monarchy), and then I work out what birthdates and death dates work for each Monarch and his/her immediate family. It involves a lot of interviewing, harassing people for info, and doing math to make sure that you don't have a 17 year old Empress of Brazil with a 14 year old son at some point in history. >_>

As for myself, I've been slowly building this. I started just with my own family, the House of Gyllensvärd (which is descended from the Scandinavian and Pomeranian royal families, which are themselves cadet branches of the House of Vasa), and then I tied it together with Scandinavia. momo and I worked out a branch of the Scandinavian Monarchy that led to Sven, who is now the Roman Emperor, and when Princess Margareta of Vinland married Emperor Pedro III of Brazil, I started to add in the Brazilian royal family into this giant list. The next steps are to fill in a few of the blanks (any point where an unnamed figure enters the family, like Harald II's unnamed wife), and to add in the British Royals, whose current King is married to Emperor Pedro III's sister, Maria.

Well, I read old updates, I talked to Lord of Elves (who ran Scandinavia and was thus the leading expert on its Monarchy), and then I work out what birthdates and death dates work for each Monarch and his/her immediate family. It involves a lot of interviewing, harassing people for info, and doing math to make sure that you don't have a 17 year old Empress of Brazil with a 14 year old son at some point in history. >_>

The 17 year old Queen of Portugal, daughter of the first Emperor of Brazil, and her 13 year old son. :p

I have edited that into the Treaty. What was incorrect about my transliteration of the treaty's name?

It used to say "Konurazukopinugu", where the part that sounded rather awkward was the "pinugu" part. My change was to "kopingu", for "Konurazukopingu", which sounds the slightest bit smoother.

Mm, yeah, I looked for transliterations of Linköping, and I found some that ended it with -ingu and some that ended it with -inugu. I wasn't sure about the former, so I went with the latter as the more awkward but 'safer' choice. Thanks for the correction! :)

To: Emperor Harald III Gyllensvärd of the Kongo

Italy would like to let you know, Emperor, that we support you and would like to help you out in any way we can during your war.

Harald III is actually probably a Vasa (although we've never really decided what the ruling family of Scandinavia actually is)- Gyllensvärd was the family name taken by Konrad I upon rising to the throne of Vinland. The Golden Sword is an emblem of Vinland, appearing prominently in the canton of our flag, and thus was taken as a symbolic action to unite our Scandinavian-Pomeranian monarchy with our nation.

Doing orders now, if anyone in Western Europe needs money, now is the time to let me know. Here's looking at you Spain, Catalonia, Occitania, Swiss Free State or Sardinia.

Also, Spain, make sure you mention the referendums to be held in the Basqueland, Andalusia and Galicia. Should you "forget", or more likely just simply forget, the German military will respond. I'd rather that not happen. :p

EDIT: Too late kids! Orders sent, I'll get you all next year. I sent money to Brittany, the Netherlands, Corsica and India. If I had already promised you a sum, please contact me and let me know.

To: Venezuela

Agreed. Glad to do business with you.

The Islamic Kingdom of Persia will, in the year of 1925, cede the province of Balochistan to The United Principalities of India for the sum of 100 EPs. Balochistan's Islamic citizens will be treated with full equality, and will be offered the opportunity to choose their own provincial leader.
~ High Prince Khushwant Diwan
~ High Shahansha Abdul al-Din

Consider this the 10 hour warning to get those orders in.

Harald III is actually probably a Vasa (although we've never really decided what the ruling family of Scandinavia actually is)- Gyllensvärd was the family name taken by Konrad I upon rising to the throne of Vinland. The Golden Sword is an emblem of Vinland, appearing prominently in the canton of our flag, and thus was taken as a symbolic action to unite our Scandinavian-Pomeranian monarchy with our nation.

OOC: Yes, Harald III and the Scandinavian royal family are the House of Vasa. Here is the House of Vasa's coat of arms:

Top Bottom