Capto Iugulum: 1920 - 1939

To answer Qoou's question: Any plane with a bombing capacity over 2 points is too big for a carrier, or rather too big for a carrier with any other planes on board. I will handle exceptions to this on a case by case basis.

To: Kongo, The Roman Empire, Russia

We would like to request permission to use your air strips to send aid through the air to help with your war.

To: Italy

Granted, we are grateful to you for your support in our righteous cause.

To: The Netherlands, Hollandia

Thank you for your public support, we will be in touch in the coming year.

To: Persia

After consulting with varied experts on the internal stability of our two nations our advisors have come to the conclusion that as it stands the ceding of Balochistan from Persia to India in the Year of 1926 poses a grave risk to the stability of our two nations. We ask that this landsale be postponed to the year of 1930.

OOC: So, basically, after some worry about what will happen if we go forward with this, I asked EQ and a couple of players about what would happen if we transfer Balochistan, and it looks like it would anger the local muslims there substantially to become part of a Hindu nation (as well as Persians who see it as part of the Persian Empire). We should probably hold off for a while until India is more stable.

Notable Navies of the World 1925 (equal to or above 100 EPs total in Construction & Scrap Value)

Global
Spoiler :
#1 UK: 1583
#2 Russia: 782
#3 Japan: 687
#4 Brazil: 651
#5 Kongo: 505
#6 USA: 435
#7 Argentina: 393
#8 Germany: 370
#9 Denmark: 346
#10 Croatia: 341

#11 Venezuela: 309
#12 Scandinavia: 299
#13 Sardinia: 277
#14 Colombia: 245
#15 Peru: 237
#16 Vinland: 228
#17 Bulgaria: 184
#18 Persia: 176
#19 Netherlands: 173
#20 Rome: 155

#21 Uruguay: 155
#22 Turkey: 124
#23 Florida: 117
#24 New Zealand: 114

Europe
Spoiler :
#1 UK: 1583
#2 Russia: 782
#8 Germany: 370
#9 Denmark: 346
#10 Croatia: 341
#12 Scandinavia: 299
#13 Sardinia: 277
#17 Bulgaria: 184
#19 Netherlands: 173
#20 Rome: 155

Americas
Spoiler :
#4 Brazil: 651
#6 USA: 435
#7 Argentina: 393
#11 Venezuela: 309
#14 Colombia: 245
#15 Peru: 237
#16 Vinland: 228
#21 Uruguay: 155
#23 Florida: 117

Africa, The Middle East & The Far East
Spoiler :
#3 Japan: 687
#5 Kongo: 505
#18 Persia: 176
#22 Turkey: 124
#24 New Zealand: 114

To: The Pope

We will be making the transfer of our agreed upon lands to you this year, it would be nice if you could send some soldiers to help ensure a secure transfer.

OOC: post number 1,000. Just thought it was significant enough to say it :D

To Italy

The Holy See will send some troops, although we request that some Italian forces remain behind to ensure a smooth transition.

To: National Banks

We are currently seeking national loans of a large number of units of 10 EPs that will be repaid as 17 EPs after 20 years. For example ten units of 100 EPs would be repaid as 170 EPs after 20 years.

OOC: Just to give you guys a heads up, EQ's neighborhood just lost power and is unlikely to get it back any time soon. Therefore, he is not gonna be able to work on the update. Though he didn't say so specifically, I would guess that if you haven't gotten in orders yet, consider this an extension. I'll keep you guys posted.

I was a drunk in Cape Town when I was found by Daniel Dravot. He was a clean-cut man in traveling gear, while I was wearing smelly rags. He approached me one night after I'd nursed a bottle of rum, leaning against the tavern, bottle cuddled close to me.

"You look like a man who's down on his luck," he said.

I replied with a drunken belch.

"What's your name, ol' chap?" he said, pulling up an empty barrel on the side of the road and using it as a seat.

"Haim a Cap'n Larry Gifford... er wha's left o'im."

"Captain, you say? Army or Navy?"

"Wha's ih to ya?" I said.

"Well," Dravot said, "I am Daniel Dravot. I'm going on an adventure, and I'm looking for men to accompany me."

"A'venture, ya say?" I drunkenly droled. "Hai've seen plenny o' that. Been in the army, fer what-is worth, an' I'm notta lookin' back."

"I see," he said. "I'm glad to hear. I'm looking for an experienced man."

"'sperience? Plenny of 'sperience. Fif'een years, be e'zact. Bu' I'm no lookin' to go back. To much 'sperience fer one man."

"I'm sure. But I hope to sway you otherwise. I've heard of a place in Africa, in the south-eastern part of the Kongo. It's wild and untamed, enemies abound from the desert and from the people. The land is descending into chaos, which, to me, is fine. I see this as opportunity, a chance to make a new life. If you were to join my band of men, I'm sure you won't regret it."

"Hai've no dezire fer goin'," and I patted my bottle of rum. "This 'ere is my new life, and I'm nah abou' to change it."

"Suit yourself," he said, and stood up off the barrel. "But I need a man like you to lead, and I'm certain you'll benefit greatly. Here's where you'll find me," he said, taking a scrap from his pocket and shoving it into mine. "Should you change your mind, you will know where to find me."

"I ain' fer changin," I said, while he walked away. I drifted into drunken slumber, and woke the next day, leaning on the wall. My head was pulsing, my eyes crusted, and I felt like a million shillings. I reached into my pocket and felt the little scrap. Pulling it out and unfolding it, I remembered the chat with Dravot. After staring and thinking (a difficult task), I felt the urge to go.

When Daniel Dravot said there would be adventure, he wasn't jesting one bit. Never before had I enjoyed such a liberating trip. Natives, Vikings, and a couple of Russians were a part of the colorful cast we fought. But in the end was the rise of Daniel Dravot as King Daniel of Adjuuramark.

And as for me, I wasn't a simple captain by the end. I'm now known as Lord Gifford, and a General in the King's Army. And that's how a drunk in Cape Town in one year became a Lord.

To: The Papal States

We will still have our troops in our part of the Holy Lands, should anything happen we should be able to aid you.

I think i would like to jump in on this; does anyone have suggestions as to which nation i should join as?

OOC: What kind of nation do you want to play? One focused on diplomacy, economy or military? One in a volatile area or one that calm and out of the way?

OOC: My sattelite went out so I will be generally unavailable for the next few day; my only internet connection right now is through my phone. I also forgot to confirm in my orders, but I am bound by treaty to sell the planes to Florida.

Top Bottom