Capto Iugulum: 1920 - 1939

To: Denmark

If you are willing to give credence to the rumblings of the Íslenska, Vinland will volunteer to oversee a referendum in Iceland to determine whether or not it wishes to remain in full association with Denmark, adopt domestic autonomy, or perhaps gain full autonomy as a self-governing state.

To: America

If you are interested in selling us the Territory of Jacobs, then we are quite willing to negotiate assuming your remaining portion of the region's payments.

To: Brazil

Your unsanctioned violence is utterly unacceptable. Again and again, you make use of military force against small nations, when this consistently destructive for the causes that both of our nations support. I have spoken to the leaders of several other nations, and it is clear that they believe the PADA, by having your nation as a member, actively endorses these activities. Cease your useless and destructive militarism, and stop sullying the name of our Accord at once.

To: UPRA

It is evident that the people of Jamaica chafe under your military occupation. The fact that you have repulsed Brazil does not change the fact that the Jamaicans roil and chafe under your rule. We propose that the UPRA withdraws its forces, and that Jamaica be offered the opportunity to, for the first time since the Portuguese occupation, exercise its God-given rights to self determination.

To: Venezuela

We are overjoyed to see your nation's prosperity and attention towards the needs and welfare of the common man. May peace long reign in the Americas.

To: Florida

We look forward to seeing a resumption of democracy in your nation.

To: Empire of Scandinavia

Your situation seems to be growing dire. It is clear that you must make peace with some of your enemies, if the great Scandinavian holdings in central Africa are to be maintained. We believe that it would be wise to make peace with Mozambique, which seems set to uphold Scandinavian culture and democratic values on the dark continent.

lurker's comment: But if you look at the map at the beginning of the BT, then you'll see that Savoy was already transferred under the settlement that concluded the Italian War, and that, during the time that the rest of Piedmont was still a seperate state, i.e. between the Italian War and the founding of the Confederation, Savoy was part of Burgundy, not Piedmont.

OOC: I was also under the impression that Savoy and the bits of Province were not included in the transfer, and protest the map. Especially since the transfer was along ethnic Italian lines according to the treaty, and as far as I'm aware, those are French areas.

For reference.

VII. From this point forward, the territories under Confederation control in what is to be considered the Piedmont will be given to the Kingdom of Italy. This is to be in accordance with the lines of nationality recognized by the Italian government, and will right the wrong done by the Confederation to the Italian people in the region, which was the original cause of the conflict.

OOC: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11829254&postcount=3828
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11829366&postcount=3832

So the Confederation and Brazil were rather hard on not wardeccing directly preceding the Rhine-Rone war. I believe the general conclusion among the body of posters was that it was ok to do against NPCs (seems a bit meta, but it's clearly better for OOC reasons). So it's ok this time because the UPRA was the first not to declare that they were going to sneak-intervene in Jamaica, and because Brazil in response was sneak attacking Jamaica and not the UPRA itself? Some clarification to know what exactly deserves vilification would be good.
Personally I think the system could be expanded to include declaring a sneak attack, that way there'd possibly be strategic surprise, but not for a whole year, and it'd be a clear and immediate rep loss and there would be less if any meta-acrimony. (Myself I was going to do one until Colombia made their intentions regarding Ecuador clear, though they didn't explicitly declare either... at any rate Cristos didn't have enough time to raise troops. I normally don't, but I'm going to have to live with that on my game log.)

To: The Papal States

We would welcome your aid and thank you for your offer.

To: Kongo, Russia, The Roman Empire

Until we have dealt with our problems in our colonies and at home we cannot send any more aid to your war. We apologize, but we need to take care of our own people first.

@EQ I should have 3 design bonus points for air crafts since the Storno was my third plane shouldn't I?

OOC: Armee de Terre is a cool enough name for a doctrine. So that's fine.

From Occitania
To Orleans, Poitou, Dauphine

Occitania extends your peoples a warm welcome to the family of nations. We expect the customs and low tariff agreement which existed between Franco-Burgundy and Occitania will continue along our respective borders. We are beginning a new policy of trade liberalization, and would also put forward a plan for full free trade between our nations. What do you say?

From Occitania
To Orleans, Normandy, Poitou, Dauphine, Paris-Burgundy

To Normandy and Paris-Burgundy, we extend the same welcome as the other nations, and congratulate you all on a stable transition. Occitania would like to participate in whatever economic union will form after Paris-Burgundy completes their referendums by the end of next year. We are beginning a new liberalization policy on trade, and would be open to talks on free trade across the region. Could Occitania be privy to the negotiations on the new economic union?

From Occitania
To Euskadi, Catalonia, Galicia

How would Euskadi, Catalonia and Galicia feel about joining us in a new era of freer trade? We would like to negotiate very low tariff or free trade agreements between your nations, just as we have with Spain and are trying with the French nations. We believe this would confer legitimacy to your new states while also help rebuild the nations of western Europe after tension, turmoil and war. What do you say?

From Occitania
To Germany

Will there be room for donations to the Occitanian liberalization program we are beginning this year?

I would like to make it a point that the nation's you have offered free-trade to, already have little to no tariffs on trade with one another, and trade with Germany, under the Treaty of St. Gall. You're all basically already trading freely, under German economic supervision. So all of your offers seem to be relatively unnecessary.

Also, protesting the land transfer is about all that can be done. I doubt Italian officials are going to simply give up the extra lands they've received. I mean, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

To: Occitania

Give us details on what the program is, and how much money you'd like, and we'll get back to you.

My offers stand.

From Occitania
To Germany

The liberalization program will include massively reducing the cost of incorporating businesses, large subsides and investment programs to create competition in our industrial markets, and the end of policies which overly favour land owning aristocrats.

lurker's comment: The land transfer is an error on EQ's part, not an actual thing that ought to have happened. Savoy should not have been transferred, seeing as French troops should never have withdrawn from it in the first place, although the bits of Provence should have been transferred, seeing as they were bits of Piedmont.

Also, it's perfectly possible for the French states to have lower tariffs with you than they were before, under the treaty (seeing as the tariffs with Germany have always been high), and yet to have much lower still, or non-existent, tariffs with each other and Occitania, and still fulfil the treaty, if they so desire, as I understand it.

What the hell, lets live in interesting times. Catalonia: I CHOOSE YOU!

I knew this would happen. Now where's my back-up plan for Adjuuramark? :cry:

@Nintz: christos200 is switching from Tibet if that's what you really want. Personally I'd recommend New Zealand, far more interesting if you want to be far away. Hawaii maybe too. Personally I would not mind if you take one of the new states in Europe or even Africa, a lot's fair game now.

EQ: Regarding the update the New Zealand Constitution doesn't even allow Liberal Parties (unless the new King modified it), not objecting, just mentioning it for full disclosure, looks like things worked out for the best. :)

Great update! Now to chase down those 3 NPCs.

I told you to claim it, because you'd spaz if anyone but you had it.

But Sean Connery is Sean Connery. :3

I wouldn't forgive myself if Adjuuramark disappeared under the rule of another player. :(

Your unsanctioned violence is utterly unacceptable. Again and again, you make use of military force against small nations, when this consistently destructive for the causes that both of our nations support. I have spoken to the leaders of several other nations, and it is clear that they believe the PADA, by having your nation as a member, actively endorses these activities. Cease your useless and destructive militarism, and stop sullying the name of our Accord at once.

TO: Vinland
CC: World, PADA

We hereby make public our withdrawal from the Pan-American Democratic Accord on following charges: the conspiracy against Brazilians, as shown with the assassination of Ambassador Terence Glas, the unwarranted diplomatic dealings with the United Proletarist Republic of America, and, finally, the support of Jamaica as a PADA member despite the usurpation of their government by Proletarist thugs. Brazil can no longer, with good faith, be a part of an organization that fails to uphold liberty and democracy in the Americas. The simple act of not assisting Brazil in freeing the Jamaican people from their suffering under the Proletarist scourge is sign enough that times have changed and Brazil cannot remain associated with the organization at large.

TO: Jamaican People

It was never our intention to cause harm to the Jamaican people, only to your Proletarist overlords. When the free people of Jamaica reclaim their rightful country from this horrible form of Hell on Earth, we will supply funds to rebuild it. Until that time, as PADA has shown, you are at the mercy of the UPRA and their thugs. We will pray for you.

TO: Chile

We will allow you to use our army doctrine under the condition that Chile be open to economic agreements with Brazil for the first time in recent memory.

TO: South Americans in PADA

Do not fall into the trap that our North American counterparts are setting, brothers. They are supporting the things we joined them to stop, and it should not be looked upon lightly. Remember, as Brazil leaves the organization, that Brazil sought to form an American system for destroying tyranny and proletarism in the New World. See what has become of this monster we have birthed.

TO: Angola

The rise of the ungrateful, proletarist scum in Africa against the rightful, just rule of the Angolan Dominion is astonishing. Brazil will not back away from defending you. Brazil will never allow proletarism to spread this far. If you hold your ground, we will hold it with you.

TO: African Rebels in Angola

Lay down your arms now, or pray God has mercy on your traitor souls.

Our investigators revealed no conclusive conspiracy, and I can speak on my own behalf that we have nothing but good will for the Brazilian people. We have engaged in diplomatic discussions with Proletarist Jamaica and the UPRA only because we believe that they can return to and adopt, respectively, democratic structures of governance.

To: South Americans in PADA

I can vouch to you that, so long as it remains within our power, PADA will remain a force for democratization within the New World, and defense against intrusions from the outside. Brazil has chosen its own path, but we will endeavour to remain on ours.

We are aghast at your aggression against the people of Jamaica. Your invasion is a representation of everything wrong with the Americas as a whole, though we must admit we are pleased you had the foresight to remove yourself from PADA. Cease and desist your warmongering, or you will find European markets closed to your aggression.

As a wise-man once said;

He is requesting that you do it [declare war] in the open and not after the deadline or in a sneak attack like a child.

OOC:

To: PADA

Now that you have gotten rid of the whiney child, you are more than welcome to have a seat at the bar; the bar of Europe. Come to Munich and have some drinks, Drekler pays of course.

Also, it's perfectly possible for the French states to have lower tariffs with you than they were before, under the treaty (seeing as the tariffs with Germany have always been high), and yet to have much lower still, or non-existent, tariffs with each other and Occitania, and still fulfil the treaty, if they so desire, as I understand it. [/delurk]

Up until we deem occupation and reconstruction of both Paris-Burgundy and associated states over, the German economy dictates all.

Can't declare war on a government that does not legally exist, that would be recognizing their government as legal. So, no, I am not in the wrong.

EDIT: Unless Drexler wants to recognize Proletarist usurpers as legal?

Hey, I have nothing wrong with sneak attacks. To each their own.

The United States has nothing but good feelings about the departure of Brazil from the PADA.

Top Bottom