1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Capto Iugulum: 1920 - 1939

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by EQandcivfanatic, Oct 17, 2012.

1. The Farow

The Farow NESer

From Normandy
    To Occitania, Orleans, Poitou, Dauphine, Paris-Burgundy

We are not opposed to Occitania joining the negotiations for an economic union.

2. J.K. Stockholme

J.K. Stockholme Right Opposition

My offers for free trade still stand, regardless of how necessary they are according to Germany.

3. Grandkhan

Grandkhan Telvanni Master Wizard

To: Vinland

We are currently in negotiations with Iceland regarding its potential as a nation with domestic autonomy. While we appreciate the offer we have no need for foreign observers at this time.

4. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

To: The World

[scottish accent]In the name of the sovereign people of Adjuuramark, which have accepted to cede temporal absolute military and civil command in these times of crisis and struggle for independence under the honorary title of "King", I request that the great powers of this world acknowledge the independent existence of the Principality of Adjuuramark.

In the same fashion, I request them to acknowledge the figure of King Daniel as representative of the people of Adjuuramark, and that they would collaborate to Adjuuramarkan efforts to achieve independence from and peace with Kongo, either through diplomatic pressure or financial or even direct military aid.

To the rulers of Kongo, Russia and the Roman Empire, I wish to inform them that the will of the Adjuuramarkan people is clear: we will stand every attack thrown at us, and we will strike back. We shall fight you in the beaches, in the Rift, in the wastelands of Abyssinia, and we shall prevail.

From now on, my Minister of Foreign Affairs, Peachy Carnahan, will be in charge of our diplomacy.[/scottish accent]

5. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

Signed, President Joseph Johnston of the Grand Republic of Florida

6. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

OOC: Holy crap that's a lot of new countries. And I'm loving all the other random turmoil in the update.

IC:

To: The World

Peru cannot simply stand by and watch as the destabilizing influence of this "moralism" both wretches South America apart and brings rightfully sovereign countries into the sphere of the Catholic Church, or worse, Brazil. While stopping the advance of Proletarism is a noble goal, using that goal as a thinly veiled front for imperialism is not. Do not mistake this warning for a threat of war, but let it be known that we make our stance on the matter very clear.

To: Chile

We urge your government to take a stand against this violence in your streets, and at the same time give the people some degree of representation in your government. Should you need Peruvian massistance we shall provide it.

To: Florida

Congratulations on your transition to democracy; may your nation live long and prosper.

7. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama See ya! It has been a fun decade!

In regards to the Friendship Treaty of the Columbian States of America

Signed President Thomas Stilwell of the United Republic of Jacksonia

Signed Secretary of State Arnold Palmer

Signed Randall Cunningham, Ambassador to the Grand Republic of Florida

In regards to the Floridan transition to Democracy

Well done friends, well done! We look forward to Jacksonia and Florida becoming even closer from our friendship treaty and for our two democracies to walk hand in hand

In regards to the Brazilian Departure from PADA

While we acknowledge Brazil's contributions to democracy, we cannot help but feel that their aggressive and militaristic actions against various nations and their inflamatory rhetoric is best served outside of an alliance of nations determined to advance peace, goodwill, and democracy in the Americas. The pen is mightier than the sword, and recent events have only proved our point

8. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

Brazil created PADA, so we have nothing to regret from leaving it. Democracy has been betrayed by the organization.

OOC: I'm just going to bank EP for a few years. Maybe then I won't be in such a horrible streak of luck. So, I wouldn't expect much in the way of actual diplomatic deals or conversations out of me. Massive lack of enthusiasm. Not much the world can do now that Europe is German and everything else is falling to pieces.

9. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

Thanks? Florida has always been a democracy, a democracy I was willing to defend from the proletarist rabble.

Whatever the pundits may say about my government, I don't care. They can go investigate and report on the rise of Proletarist Moralism in Shang-gri-la for all I care.

As does Florida.

OOC: YAY!

10. JohannaK

To: Abyssinia, Sudan, Tanganyika and Mozambique

[cockney accent]In the name of King Daniel Dravot and the people of Adjuuramark, and seeing that our nations share the goal of achieving independence from Kongo and face aggression from Russia, Italy and the Roman Empire, and that a single operative force can deal a more powerful blow than a few weak states and keep a better self-defence capability, we propose a temporary military alliance between our nations.

This would include a compromise not to cease the fight until all member nations achieve independence, and that no member nations will make peace separately from the others.

Yours truly,
    Peachy Carnahan, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Adjuuramark[/cockney accent]

11. qoou

qoou Emperor

Colombia once again repeats its call for the immediate withdrawal of all Peruvian military personnel illegally stationed in the free and Catholic republic of Ecuador.

12. Grandkhan

Grandkhan Telvanni Master Wizard

So who is taking Venezuela now? JoanK you ought to forward them to the correspondence we had regarding the remaining 40EP you owe me.

Denmark never forgets its debts. :p

EDIT: Also, Germany needs to set up the New League of Continental Nations social group, if thats still happening.

13. JohannaK

I fear that Adjuuramark may not live to see another update, and I wanted to take them. AFAIK, it's NPCed, so just remind EQ. :p

14. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

OOC: since I did that two years ago, I'm going to assume that this is OOC. Unless I'm missing something?

15. Luckymoose

TO: Paris-Burgundy

The 80 EP in loans to your government are due for repayment. Please specify how you will be repaying them.

16. qoou

qoou Emperor

OOC:
    This was in the 1924 update and was never followed up:
    Spoiler :

PERUVIAN PRESENCE PROTESTED IN ECUADOR. Quito, Ecuador. The recent incursion of additional Peruvian forces to protect their national business interests in Ecuador has not gone unnoticed by the local population. Concerned about the large numbers of foreign troops in their territory, a peaceful protest was launched to demand the withdrawal of Peru's army. As the economic situation in the region has stabilized and violence between Peruvians and Colombians has dramatically slowed, Ecuador's people have tried to remind the international community that they are the ones truly being hurt by the overall commercial war. They have asked that the Peruvians do the right thing and withdraw from Ecuador or at least reduce their presence to pre-crisis levels. The administration of President del Santos has followed suit, issuing a speech, taking sides with the protestors and calling for a Peruvian withdrawal.

And... nevermind, very sorry SouthernKing. The withdrawal apparently wasn't mentioned in the 1925 update, but I found it in the thread just now. My bad; didn't think to search outside the updates.

17. TheLizardKing

TheLizardKing Let's talk Michelle.

This is going to be hilarious.

18. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

OOC: What is public mood in Catalonia like vis-a-vis Occitania.

To: REPUBLIC OF GALICIA, REPUBLIC OF EUSKADI

We propose a military and financial cooperative with the goal of maintaining both our territorial and financial independence from Spain.

19. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

To: Brazil

You did not create PADA alone. You did so alongside Vinland and the United States. We have betrayed no democracies.

20. Luckymoose

TO: Vinland

Jamaica begged for our aid, and we let them down. When Brazil spoke up to retake the island from the Proletarists, PADA said no. Brazil took the chance, and failed. We have never ceased in our efforts to defend democracy. The United States of America is run by an anti-Brazilian militarist, who by all accounts is no better than Scott. If the organization cannot defend its own members from tyrants and radicals, it serves no true purpose. We will uphold our economic agreements, but we no longer are bound by PADA diplomatically. The continued friendships between Brazil and PADA members depends entirely on those states, not our own. We have withdrawn, and so we must stay withdrawn for the world has fallen into chaos.