Capto Iugulum: 1920 - 1939

To: Argentina

If you wish to have embassies constructed in our nations, I would be fine with that.

Sadly, Abyssinia's current lack of a coastline prevents us from partaking in large amounts of international trade at this time. Until such a time as that barrier is removed (OOC: Planes/Docks/Shipping Rights/etc.) then we do not see what can be done about this.

Jacksonia hereby recognizes all the nations of East Africa that were formerly Scandinavian colonies. We applaud their achieving of self determination, and we look forward to working with all of you.

In other thoroughly OOC news, Ole Gudrunsson celebrates his 4th election:

More in character, Vinland's governmental history.

Anyone else notice how much more verbose Jehoshua is now? It's almost as if he's inexplicably gained a bunch of free time.

Only because with the exception of the standard correspondence, I wrote everything earlier in preparation for this turn. I knew what was going to happen in the Holy Land (and what I wanted to say otherwise) so it was easy enough to get things ready.

TO: Abyssinia

Now that you have secured independence, we will request that you begin repaying the 30 EP of debt you owe to our nation for the various aircraft we handed over early in your rebellion. The frail state of your economy is worrisome, so we will make the payments easily achievable.

We offer a deal where you repay 6 EP a year for 6 years, which is 36 total to count interest.

TO: Adjuuramark

We await your response on the offer we made concerning a naval base lease.

To: All Non-Prole Nations in the American Continents
CC: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

Recent economic events have troubled us. The embargo of Brazil by much of the developed Old World will lead to economic hardship throughout the entire world. The importance of Brazil to the global economy is known by many. We do not wish to see this entire land held hostage by those in the Old World that view economic policy as a mere game. We feel that the maintenance of security and continuity of trade between nations in times of peace should be a top concern of all nations who truly care about the well being of their citizenry. The United States is not willing to stand by as petty trade disputes destroy the vibrant economy of the Western Hemisphere.

We propose that those nations in the Americas that support trade take action. We feel it is in the best interests of all our nations that we work to settle our disputes peacefully before we embargo ourselves to starvation. For this purpose we are announcing the formation of the American Trade Organization. The American Trade Organization will be founded with the mission to solve trade disputes in the Western Hemisphere peacefully. It is furthermore founded to promote mutually profitable trade between all of its members.

All nations with their capitals in the western hemisphere, with the exception of Jamaica and the United Proletarist Republics of America, are invited to send representatives to a conference in New York City to determine the exact terms of the charter of the organization. We furthermore invite representatives of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland to send ambassadors to the conference as observers, and we invite The United Kingdom to be an observer member in the organization.

TO: United States of America

We will send ambassadors--with proper security, of course--to New York City. This is an amiable cause, one which all nations, including the aforementioned United Kingdom, should consider and sign on to. The power plays by the Old World against Brazil are not merely harming themselves and Brazil, but the entire planets increasingly globalized trading network. With that said, we will help form this charter with goodwill in mind so long as it is separated from the Pan-American Democratic Accord.

It appears our intentions regarding this organization and the PADA were mistakenly left out of our previous message. This organization has no association with the PADA, it is completely separate.

To: Brazil

We will ensure that the debt is repaid. We have no intention to let our country become mired in such affairs as these. The actions in Europe are just a further testament to this.

It will strain us, but the full 30 EP will be repaid this year.

OOC: Do I owe anyone else money?

To: All Non-Prole Nations in the American Continents
CC: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

Recent economic events have troubled us. The embargo of Brazil by much of the developed Old World will lead to economic hardship throughout the entire world. The importance of Brazil to the global economy is known by many. We do not wish to see this entire land held hostage by those in the Old World that view economic policy as a mere game. We feel that the maintenance of security and continuity of trade between nations in times of peace should be a top concern of all nations who truly care about the well being of their citizenry. The United States is not willing to stand by as petty trade disputes destroy the vibrant economy of the Western Hemisphere.

We propose that those nations in the Americas that support trade take action. We feel it is in the best interests of all our nations that we work to settle our disputes peacefully before we embargo ourselves to starvation. For this purpose we are announcing the formation of the American Trade Organization. The American Trade Organization will be founded with the mission to solve trade disputes in the Western Hemisphere peacefully. It is furthermore founded to promote mutually profitable trade between all of its members.

All nations with their capitals in the western hemisphere, with the exception of Jamaica and the United Proletarist Republics of America, are invited to send representatives to a conference in New York City to determine the exact terms of the charter of the organization. We furthermore invite representatives of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland to send ambassadors to the conference as observers, and we invite The United Kingdom to be an observer member in the organization.

Colombia heartily approves of this, and will be sending our ambassadors and economists to New York City. As the peoples entrusted with the responsibility of the Colombia Canal, rest assured that we will be open to the requests and suggestions of all other American nations. In particular, we will be interested in the opinions of other American nations as to what ought to be done regarding the current crisis.

We will ensure that the debt is repaid. We have no intention to let our country become mired in such affairs as these. The actions in Europe are just a further testament to this.

It will strain us, but the full 30 EP will be repaid this year.

OOC: Do I owe anyone else money?

We thank you for this show of respect. We will not abandon you as the Europeans have. We will stick by all of East Africa. Should Abyssinia wish it, we will extend a military guarantee of independence to your nation. We would very much appreciate the opportunity to reinvest in Abyssinia in some way or another, and with your permission would forgive your debts in exchange for a 25 year lease on a military base near your capital, where we would send 2 Infantry Brigades as a garrison. Furthermore, we would like to invest 5 EP, in cooperation with your own government, in the construction of an airport near this base for both public and military use. Should you accept such a deal.

We have no trouble in honoring our agreements. This other deal you propose however, may be too much. While I am not opposed per se to such an agreement, I can almost guarantee that the move would not bring stability to the region as a whole, but more tension when the Germans and/or Russians influence the region to counteract this. If that does not lead to more chaos, I would be surprised.

So, until the current state of foreign affairs settles down a bit, and the major powers of the world are not so openly hostile, I do not believe I can allow you to invest in Abyssinia so directly. Not you, nor Germany, nor Russia. It is not because I am opposed, but I do not desire Abyssinia to inadvertently turn into a battlefield.

We have no trouble in honoring our agreements. This other deal you propose however, may be too much. While I am not opposed per se to such an agreement, I can almost guarantee that the move would not bring stability to the region as a whole, but more tension when the Germans and/or Russians influence the region to counteract this. If that does not lead to more chaos, I would be surprised.

So, until the current state of foreign affairs settles down a bit, and the major powers of the world are not so openly hostile, I do not believe I can allow you to invest in Abyssinia so directly. Not you, nor Germany, nor Russia. It is not because I am opposed, but I do not desire Abyssinia to inadvertently turn into a battlefield.

That is fine as well, though do not allow the tyrants to threaten you. We will take the 30 EP and use it elsewhere, but the money for investment will always be waiting for your government.

OOC: Not fully caught up yet, but putting this out before doing HW and stuff.

Also @ Nuke, /I/ got everything I wanted from those agreements. Hehe.

To Jacksonia
From Joseph Johnston

Excellent, everything is going according to plan. Well, the plan was for me to cancel it before you did but...

ahem

From Florida

We understand your decision and will cooperate as needed to cut the necessary bonds to prevent disruption of business, especially if your Pacific Concord trade agreements are wiped out too fast for adjustment.

To Peru
From Joseph Johnston
CC: The PADA, The World

The problem with crypto-proletarian parties is that they indirectly support totalitarian proletarianism with their policies. The Progressives funded the growth of massive, well organized and well armed labor unions.

Therefore, /I/ have banned openly Proletarist parties from formation, as wells parties that are mere copies of the Progressive Party. Other than that, any liberal party is permitted to join, as long as they don't follow the Progressive Platform of Proletarist Cooperation with the UPRA and Scandinavia; Formation of Large, Political, Well Armed and Dangerous Labor Unions; Disruption of Vital Trade via Isolationism and Sectionalism; as well as other obviously dangerous and foolhardy policies only nations like Ecuador or Progressive Florida have implemented. The fact that politicians seem to find this impossible to consider when writing a liberal platform proves that the current liberal roster still dream of reviving such a dangerous and revolutionary platform is beyond me. The fact that they join the moderates instead gives me hope that a post-Johnston era can be more stable and more respectable.

The execution of traitors is nothing to be frightened of. Treason can be punished by death. I do not wish death upon any other human being - other than openly Proletarian Scumbags like Ferguson, for they have renounced their humanity - but the jury and the judge of the treason court speaks with their own authority. Won't you agree that individuals that revoke national policy have committed treason? They could have shipped it to Jacksonia and Aztlan, then to Japan for all I care and I give no damns. No. They have ruined Florida's credibility by shipping it directly from our ports, lying about my express approval, and falsifying and forging documents. They have committed the highest crime, and Jury willing, they may receive the highest punishment: Live Imprisonment.

As I've stated earlier, I am not running for reelection. I have saved Florida from Proletarianism, secured it from Treason by both the left and the right, and reduced two parties of Extremism into two of Moderation. I have made myself a visage to fear in order for all to unite under all that is good. I might have destroyed my legacy: but what is one man's life in the history of a nation?

Neff, my dear secretary of state and quite vocal leader of the United Front, is my chosen successor. Do not let my words tarnish his achievements, but if they may give him credence, hear them out. He has worked hard in securing Florida's growing importance in this world and although he often disapproves of my methods, mostly agrees with the need to fight both against proletarist revolution and excessively greedy money grubbing corporates (mostly? more like sometimes *sigh*). After eight years of my steel-fisted rule, I hope his gentle grasp will be quite rejuvinating for the Grand Republic of Florida - if he is capable to be elected, that is!

To: Anyone who Cares
CC: Brazil

Bulgaria will not partake in this tomfoolery of embargoing Brazil, as we seem to be one of the few European nations that fully realize the repercussions of such an act. The extremely negative ones, that is.

OOC: It still saddens me to see 'Colombia' and 'Columbia' mixed up. :(

To: Anyone who Cares
CC: Brazil

Bulgaria will not partake in this tomfoolery of embargoing Brazil, as we seem to be one of the few European nations that fully realize the repercussions of such an act. The extremely negative ones, that is.

TO: Bulgaria

Your merchants are more than welcome to the vast resources of Brazil at traditional rates. Your people will not suffer inflationary prices. At least one European government has the common sense to understand basic economics.

A Private, Unofficial Message from Ole Gudrunsson to Brick Wall Johnston

You are a paranoiac and a murderer. Neff is a lackey and a thug. Ferguson is a martyr. The people of Florida have my sympathy. May your retirement be brief and uncomfortable, skitstövel.

Cheers!

-Ole G.

Top Bottom