Capto Iugulum: 1920 - 1939

ooc: Ok. We want those 10 EP's to repay the 90 EP's loan of Vinland.

Yes, I am writing my orders on the assumption that I'm receiving the last 90 EPs of the loan in 1928. I'd like it most if I could receive this lump sum now, but if you need an extension, just say so and I'll recalculate to extend the remainder of the loan for another few years.

I will pay you 10 this turn and 80 next turn.

please point to the trade treaty.

In the Treaty of St. Gall; the splinter states are under German economic and military protection, and all European states associated with the Treaty lowered their tariffs to much lower levels to both Germany and Italy.

OOC: Firstly, apologies for crapping up the thread with an unnecessary post. Secondly, I'm impressed by the longevity and quality of this forum game (or NES, as y'all seem to say around here). Hats off to EQandcivfanatic and all the players.

I've occasionally lurked this section of the site over the past few years, but now I'd like to try actually participating. The forum games I'm playing in elsewhere have slowed down a bit, so I think I've got the time to commit to another. It's a bit different than what I'm used to, being somewhat heavier on statistics, but I'm also a long time player of Paradox's grand strategy games (Hearts of Iron, etc.), so I think I should be able to adjust.

I don't seem to have the requisite forum permissions to send private messages, so I'm not sure how I should go about inquiring about an entrance to Capto Iugulum, that is if you are still accepting new players. If you've got the time, EQandcivfanatic, my email is nsalazer@gmail.com. Or, if that isn't an option, my Steam ID is the same as my username here.

please point to the trade treaty.

The treaty of St. Gall only requires "Tariffs between all members of the Pact will be lowered for Italian and German goods" so it's up to interpretation by how much. All new states, including those in France, would presumably not need to abide by this article, making it only apply to Spain, Occitania, Sardinia, Corsica, and the legal successor to the Confederation, Paris-Burgundy. The Netherlands signed a separate treaty which I'm not familiar with on any economic points.

But even beside that, Germany isn't invading Occitania or Spain over a tariff reduction, so it's not an enforceable point anyways (which is why it isn't usually featured in real life treaties).

Summary: Treaty-based economic relations are largely the same as before the Rhine-Rhone War.

OOC: Firstly, apologies for crapping up the thread with an unnecessary post. Secondly, I'm impressed by the longevity and quality of this forum game (or NES, as y'all seem to say around here). Hats off to EQandcivfanatic and all the players.

I've occasionally lurked this section of the site over the past few years, but now I'd like to try actually participating. The forum games I'm playing in elsewhere have slowed down a bit, so I think I've got the time to commit to another. It's a bit different than what I'm used to, being somewhat heavier on statistics, but I'm also a long time player of Paradox's grand strategy games (Hearts of Iron, etc.), so I think I should be able to adjust.

I don't seem to have the requisite forum permissions to send private messages, so I'm not sure how I should go about inquiring about an entrance to Capto Iugulum, that is if you are still accepting new players. If you've got the time, EQandcivfanatic, my email is nsalazer@gmail.com. Or, if that isn't an option, my Steam ID is the same as my username here.

While I'm sure that EQ will respond with suggestions for nations, welcome to Capto Iugulum.

PMs are enabled after 5 days (not a problem for you) and 5 posts. You can get that quickly enough. And, technically, this thread allows people to request PMs early. Given that NESes count toward postcount however, that shouldn't be a problem.

Summary: Treaty-based economic relations are largely the same as before the Rhine-Rhone War.

Hardly, my understanding with the NPC factions is that the incredibly high tariffs on German and Italian goods before the war have been lowered substantially. That's not the case in Occitania, but that is the case across what had been the Confederation and Spain. That was the intent from the beginning, and the whole purpose of including it in the Treaty.

@TheMeanestGuest: Welcome to NESing! Capto Iugulum is, indeed, the flagship NES of this forum. Thankfully, there are so many countries that they're always accepting new players, so if you go to the first page, posts #6, 7, and 8 detail all the countries. Find one without a player name beside it and you can just claim it right here in the thread. Now, there are a few ones that have been claimed since the last update (i.e. in the last eight pages), which haven't been marked yet - the only one that comes to mind right now is China, played by yours truly. However, with the breakup of the Franco-Burgundian Confederation, the referendums in Spain, and the revolt in Kongo, there are several unclaimed states in Western Europe and Africa. There's also a few minor powers in the region near Persia, a few in the Pacific, and some important unclaimed states in the Americas, such as Venezuela and the UPRA.

Your PM capability will come once you have 5 days of memberchip and 5 posts under your belt - post three more times and you'll be good do go. EQ will be glad (I'm assuming here, but he generally is) to help you find a country suited to what you want to do.

If you feel even more adventurous, you might even try joining other NESes, which vary pretty greatly in style - Blood and Oil is about being an African warlord, with an emphasis on tactics, in S.P.Q.R. each player is a Senator in the late Roman Republic, and Whispers is... well, no one's really sure, except our enigmatic GM. Once again, welcome to the community, and good luck!

EDIT: Nintz's keyboard-fu is apparently stronger than mine.

On the topic of Chinese business, the family of General Shao Kwofan, Commander of the Chungking Front, has disappeared. The dominant rumour is that they were disappeared after General Shao defeated Generalissimo Yehao Ma in a game of Hsiang-chi.

OOC: Circuit, this is a bad discussion, the area is more trouble then it´s worth. You just get a lot of ungrateful Arabs that will never come to appreciate your enlightened rule. ;)

Hardly, my understanding with the NPC factions is that the incredibly high tariffs on German and Italian goods before the war have been lowered substantially. That's not the case in Occitania, but that is the case across what had been the Confederation and Spain. That was the intent from the beginning, and the whole purpose of including it in the Treaty.

I haven't seen anything mentioned in updates or diplomacy to support that. If your right I won't question it, but from my understanding, that's not the case.

Top Bottom