1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Capto Iugulum: 1920 - 1939

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by EQandcivfanatic, Oct 17, 2012.

1. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

Brazilian-Aztec Tariff Agreement of 1928

1. Brazil and Aztlan commit to a mutual and general progressive reduction of tariff rates between their nations for oil and rubber.

Signed, President Rodolfito Dominguez for the Republic of Aztlan

2. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

Signed, First Minister Paulino Souza, in the Name of the Emperor and the People of Brazil

3. karikon

karikon Chieftain

Dominion of South Africa

4. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

Fixed for you ;)

5. karikon

karikon Chieftain

thanks, I appreciate it ;)

6. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Catalonia:

7. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

The USA is ironically using the 51 Star Flag right now.

8. EQandcivfanatic

EQandcivfanatic Zailing Captain Retired Moderator

Consider this the 26 hour warning and my last communication for the time being. I had less time than anticipated today, so I may have missed some diplomacy or OOC questions. In regards to any projects that some of you have proposed, start spending on them (acting as a survey) and you'll get a price ICly in the update.

9. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Retired Moderator

My Internet is down 'till Tuesday, so I won't be able to send orders this turn. Sorry.

10. TheMeanestGuest

TheMeanestGuest Warlord

Well, if we are all putting up flags, here is one I designed for Orléans.

11. spryllino

spryllino Deity

lurker's comment: On the subject of post-Confederate flags, not that this affects Orleans, but I would like to point out that the flag of the Confederation is listed on the old background thread. Here it is:

The flag of P-B before the foundation of the Confederation would have been like the Confederation flag but without the red secion (so just half white and half stripy), and I suppose it is likely to be the same following the Confederation's dissolution. Also, the colours on the old Confederate's flag's tricolore represented its constituent states (i.e. Paris white, Poitou, Dauphiné and Normandy red, and Burgundy yellow-and-blue-striped, yielding a tricolore that happened to coincide with the historical French flag), and I suppose people should bear that in mind. I hope that current French players can use that information to preserve whatever consistency they want to preserve.

12. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

OOC: P-B is no more. I have dissolved it and made it the Empire of Burgundy.

Here is my new flag:

13. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

There isn't a facepalm smiley, right? Because I need it so badly.

14. Luckymoose

15. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

*slams head on desk* Christos... :twitch:

EQ, I might not be able to get orders by the deadline. I'll send them anyway, but if I can't then just confirm the trade pact with Argentina and bank everything not spent on domestic stuff.

16. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: Christos clearly doesn't realise that appointing oneself Emperor does not go down to well amongst those whose title it legitimately is, breaking as it does the rule in the Catholic World that only the Pope an Emperor can make (foreign titles translated as Emperor [historically] is a matter of equivalent stature), such was the case with Spain, and with Austria and then Germany via the Holy Roman Empire presuming background history. No Napoleon existed in this timeline to contest that rule of Catholic Christendom...

17. spryllino

spryllino Deity

On the contrary, the Austrian/German empires were certainly not descended from the HRE; they assumed the imperial dignity without any sort of papal consent whatsoever. I'm pretty sure of this, because I discussed in the BT the possibility of P-B assuming the HRE title, and although it never happened, there has never been the slightest implication that Austrian/German imperial pretensions are based on any sort of HRE right, and the Austrian imperial crown only came into being with the formation of the German federation in any case, if I remember correctly.

18. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: I presume some sort of approval was given anyway considering the historic alliance that existed between the Holy See and Austria (before Austria ditched the Papal States...).

At any rate, with regards to the assumption of the HRE title, even iof the crown came into being later the principle of Translatio Imperii could of been applied (in a similar manner to how the HRE title was created) . Ergo since the HRE title was vacant the imperial dignity passed to Austria or some sort. I suppose its conjecture, but at any rate the main point is Christos has stated that Burgundy is proclaiming itself an Empire with its King as Emperor, His Holiness does not approve and presumably neither does the German Emperor. Im sure if the historical memory is a bit vague it can be clarified, and besides if the pope says the Church recognised the imperial title of Austria, so it shall be :p

19. Luckymoose

Plus, the Brazilian Emperors have Papal blessing, and Pedro is not happy about this willy-nilly title creation.

20. spryllino

spryllino Deity

No, that's not how it works. If you want to authorise something, you have to do it at the time. If Austria/Germany wanted its imperial title to be descended from the HRE, or if you wanted to authorise that title based on it being descended from the HRE, then you had to do it at the time. You can't just presume that that's what you would have done. That would set a precedent for no-one to ever do anything and then do everything retroactively dependent on what happened to be expedient later on, and would decidedly disrupt the premise of playing out the story of the world in chronological order. :p