Capto Iugulum: 1920 - 1939

Regarding the Florida-Jacksonia Conflict

On behalf of PADA, Vinland will survey the Colorado watershed, determining present water needs and water uses. We shall prepare a report on the matter, and submit a proposal for the fair division of water rights between the two nations, to be ratified or rejected by the governments of Florida and Jacksonia.

Regarding military activities, Vinland does not believe that either Jacksonia or Florida is responsible for the actions of their private citizens militias. However, they are fully responsible for their armies. Thus, Florida has violated Jacksonian sovereignty by crossing the border to exert military force. While both nations armies are fully within their rights to protect their own lands, extraterritorial military activity is not acceptable.

Thus, we believe that Florida and Jacksonia have the right to defend their own lands against invading foreign militias, according to their own respective laws, but they do not have the right to pursue these militas across the border into the other's territory. We believe Florida should compensate Jacksonia for the damages caused by their military incursion.

It is our hope that an agreement can be made swiftly, so this potentially destabilizing event can be brought to a swift and mutually agreeable conclusion that will preserve and enrich the peace between your two sovereign nations in the future.

I like how the Pope's answer to everything is to repeat his argument in a different way.

OOC:

@jehoshua, what do you think of Pope Francis?

IC: To: The Government of Argentina
CC: The Catholic Faithful of Argentina

The Holy See condemns the Government of Argentina for intruding itself in such a manner as it has into the domestic ecclesiastical affairs and dialogues of the Catholic Church in Argentina. The proposal by some individuals of schism by the Argentine hierarchy is none of the Argentine governments concern, and the Argentine government should remember that state concerns rightly should remain distinct from matters ecclesiastical. The manner of your commentary incidentally raises concerns (already present through previous indications from Argentina) that the government of Argentina may be, in an anti-clerical attack on the Church, promoting dissension, division and rebellion against Our legitimate authority within the Church, amongst certain clerics through bribery, blackmail, threats, incentives or other means, in order to serve the ideological and temporal interests of your protestant dominated administration.

We of course most certainly hope that this is not the case, but irrespective we feel the need, particularly considering this possibility, to warn the government of Argentina against intruding into ecclesiastical affairs where it, and its opinion, is irrelevant, and request that it now and in the future refrains from what would be hypocritical actions, quote contrary to the values of religious liberty from government interference, that you have publically proclaimed (as evident in your part in the Chilean incident, despite the other dimensions present).

~ Pope Paul VI

-

OOC Comments.

Spoiler :
Il Papa isn't repeating "his" argument in a different way (The argentine schism is a new phenomenon, and schism is something I haven't addressed before). Presuming however that you're talking about the whole ideological aspect, its not even his argument! The response to heresy and opinions approaching heresy (such as proposing schism is legitimate) is to proclaim and defend the Church's teaching, most particularly its infallible dogma. The Divine and Catholic Faith, dogma and its certain teachings, are simply is not up for debate in the manner of some forms of protestantism.

Oh and just to mention it, Il Papa is "beating the drum" against error. Afterall one tends to find if you say something once, it is soon forgotten, whereas if you keep repeating the point (in this case Catholic truth vis a vis secular ideology) the message sinks in.

-

As to Pope Francis, the Catholic response to a new pope is to join in prayer for the Pope and re-direct self-will towards reverent obedience to the papal office, rather than as some are doing picking over aspects of his personality, history, liturgical preferences and the like.

That said, one of course can criticise a pope for his actions. St Catherine of Siena is a famous example of such a critic. But thats relevant in regards to a popes actions, what he does or has done, not idle gossip about possibilities, the past, and preferences. So all in all I don't really have an "opinion" on him as such, although Im sure one will develop over time as his pontificate gets under way.

Spoiler <REDACTED> :
@ EQ - Please NPC me until the 13th.

Sorry to those of you waiting for an update.

Actually, I may be able to stay after all. My internet just got reset.

Jacksonia will cooperate with the Vinlandic proposal and hopes for a speedy resolution

To: Jacksonia

A Floridian offer has been made in the PADA discussion forum for the Colorado Conflict. Please inform us as to whether or not it is acceptable to your nation.

So, to answer the question of when the update is coming: When it is done. I've been horrendously stuck on part of it, with severe writer's block, though I've managed to talk my way through it. So, I'm back working on it, and other good news is taht I have tomorrow and Tuesday off of work, so it will get done within the next three days.

So, to answer the question of when the update is coming: When it is done. I've been horrendously stuck on part of it, with severe writer's block, though I've managed to talk my way through it. So, I'm back working on it, and other good news is taht I have tomorrow and Tuesday off of work, so it will get done within the next three days.

No worries, mate. All of us that have modded a NES know the feeling.

Vinland is pleased to announce than an equitable resolution to the Colorado Conflict has been agreed upon by the Governments of Jacksonia and Florida.

Vinland is pleased to announce than an equitable resolution to the Colorado Conflict has been agreed upon by the Governments of Jacksonia and Florida.

OOC:

*grumble grumble* ...no good hippy peace-mongering dogooder ruining all the fun... *grumble grumble*

;)

OOC: No, EQ is just being a lazy hippy and not finishing the update. He keeps choosing his wife and family over us. He's got some nerve...

OOC: Wife? Family? Do those things still exist?

OOC: He had to play Bioshock Infinite. Time well-spent by my mark.

I believe there are several jurisdictions in which one may be legally wedded to Bioshock Infinite.

I have not abandoned the NES, nor will I. TLJ is wrong about the lazy part, but that&#8217;s only because no one&#8217;s ever loved him :p . Bioshock Infinite did cause some distraction Friday night and Saturday morning, but it was well worth it. Playing that game was a heck of a narrative experience, which has stuck very hard into my brain, and I&#8217;ll likely not forget any time soon. My wife also just recently became employed by the same agency as myself, and much of the last two weeks have been preparing for that. At best, I&#8217;ve managed 1 hour a day to work on the update. With the breakdown of time commitment I posted previously, you can probably infer exactly what the slowness is. Regardless, the update is being progressed upon, though it was also slowed artificially when I discovered a couple of glaring gaps in my tech development system, which had to be fixed.

I have not abandoned the NES, nor will I. TLJ is wrong about the lazy part, but that’s only because no one’s ever loved him :p . Bioshock Infinite did cause some distraction Friday night and Saturday morning, but it was well worth it. Playing that game was a heck of a narrative experience, which has stuck very hard into my brain, and I’ll likely not forget any time soon. My wife also just recently became employed by the same agency as myself, and much of the last two weeks have been preparing for that. At best, I’ve managed 1 hour a day to work on the update. With the breakdown of time commitment I posted previously, you can probably infer exactly what the slowness is. Regardless, the update is being progressed upon, though it was also slowed artificially when I discovered a couple of glaring gaps in my tech development system, which had to be fixed.

Well, damn. I wish I had that game, sounds really cool.

I have a question, though: how's your dog? :p

From the way you said Friday night and saturday morning, i like to imagine that you literally played through the entire night non-stop. Its a pretty funny mental image.

@Grandkhan: Yes.....imagine that....cause that's definitely not what I actually did all Friday night until 6:51 AM Saturday morning.

BTW, anyone have any suggestions for why CFC keeps spawning infinite blank pages each time I left click on anything?

Top Bottom