1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Capto Iugulum: 1920 - 1939

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by EQandcivfanatic, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

To: Brazil

Yet you can't say that with a strong degree of confidence until an actual election has been held to restore the congress, and a fair election at that.

2. EQandcivfanatic

EQandcivfanatic Zailing Captain Retired Moderator

I won't be answering any more questions at this point before the first cutoff for orders.

3. Nintz

Nintz King of the Britons

Orders will be in sometime within the next 24 hrs I hope.

4. EQandcivfanatic

No more order revisions will be accepted beyond this point. NEW orders will still be accepted.

5. theDright

theDright King

Sometime by tomorrow morning, I'll have orders in.

6. The Farow

The Farow NESer

Signed

-Prime Minister Therin Caron
    -King Joseph de Falaise

7. J.K. Stockholme

J.K. Stockholme Right Opposition

From Occitania
    To Burgundy, Normandy

We thank you for officially ratifying the treaty.

8. qoou

qoou Emperor

Signed, Manuel Restrepo, President of the Republic of Gran Colombia

9. EQandcivfanatic

No more orders of any type will be accepted beyond this point. I'm aiming to get this update out either late tonight or tomorrow night. Have to make up time after all.

10. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

Weee!! Can't wait to see if it is feasible to build thermosolar power plants! (Important in the eventual future, for they can provide electricity to my African lands)

11. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

Sorry for not sending orders... I don't have a charger for my laptop it broke >.<

12. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

presuming you keep your african lands ;)

13. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

OOC: French Africa = Best Africa.

My colonies in fact are more stable than my European lands.

14. Bair_the_Normal

Bair_the_Normal 全は禪

Operation Decolonization is a go.

15. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

for now.

In thirty or so game years time.. perhaps not. The process of growing colonial discontent would also naturally be hastened by regional instability, the unfortunate conquest of Burgundy by foreign powers, the death of the King in a freak garden gnome accident, or any of a number of possibilities.

16. EQandcivfanatic

@Milarqui: I actually consulted with someone who studied history and installs solar panels for a living. The answer is no. Solar energy is not practical at this time or place in history. Try again 30-40 years from now.

@Jehoshua: Garden gnomes don't kill by accident. They're very cunning.

17. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

Hope you are not confusing thermosolar with photovoltaic, 'cause they are quite different.

18. EQandcivfanatic

The Daily Times: EXTRA Edition

July 4, 1930 Issue

HUNDREDS DIE IN RED ARMY ATTACK IN XINJING

The Dominion of Guangxi prepared elaborate and grand backgrounds for the Vigintennial Celebrations this year. Marking the twentieth anniversary of the formation of the Dominion and the restoration of Qing monarchy over much of China, the event has been marked as a grand and gala occasion for dignitaries from across the world. The keystone was an immense party and firework display held in Guangxi, as King Richard of Guangxi took dinner with King Henry of Britain. Other noted representatives were a number of lesser nobility from Japan, a cousin of the Emperor of Russia, and numerous diplomats and ambassadors from all corners of the world. Security was intensive, and Guangxi's forces prepared for every eventuality they thought possible, providing food tasters and personal security throughout the palatial complex. At the evening firework display with the two kings, and all the ranking diplomats and representatives present, three prepositioned and concealed mortars opened fire upon the gathering. Using high explosive shells, chaos immediately broke out, as many died and began to flee from the complex. Massive damage was done, and while the guards attempted to locate the attackers, they could not before over thirty shells had been dropped upon the gathering. Many of the present leaders and representatives were slain, including both the King of Guangxi and the King of the United Kingdom. The British king was rendered unconscious during the barrage and only died yesterday morning, never awakening. The Russian duke was also killed, along with most of the Japanese delegation. Of all of the major attendees, only the representative of the Unified Realm of China escaped unscathed, the rest being badly wounded or slain in the attack.

The Red Army has claimed full credit for the attack, claiming that it is a major victory over the imperialist oppressors, stating that both the Japanese and British are the true enemy of the Chinese people. They have stated that any who recognize either's rule over China are not much more than oppressors themselves and thus are sentenced to death. As the fighting remains heavy in Japanese China after this year's earlier revolt, it seems that the attempts by Guangxi's military have also been unable to achieve success since their own offensive against the Red Army's strongholds earlier in the year. Strong evidence seems to exist linking the Unified Realm of China to the Red Army, and captured Red Army soldiers have stated that they were acting to claim a bounty offered by the Realm for the death of the King of Guangxi.

Back in Europe, the British public has been outraged by the death of their king, and an immense clamor for retaliation towards China has begun to emerge, calling for a push to end the current tyranny. Parliament has convened an emergency session, and have yet to announce what plans will be made to counter the recent events as well as to welcome the new King to the British throne. Other nations have been equally outraged by the attack, though still none have achieved the same public fervor and outrage that has emerged in Britain or Japan. In Britain particularly, it has been suggested that inaction could lead to severe political consequences for the Shaw government, which has already been struggling with the costly fighting in Africa.

OTHER NEWS IN BRIEF

-Floridian Ambassador disrupts Vinlandic speech and moment at PADA Conference in Dallas.

-Gathering of the cardinals still have not announced new Pope after two weeks of deliberation.

OOC

You may feel free to respond to these ICly, with limited orders regarding the events of the extra. This would not include spending orders of any kind, unless you have confirmed amounts of banked EP. Furthermore, the clock IS ticking, and I will only allow PM or IC responses to this EXTRA until another EXTRA or the update itself is posted. Also, I lied about the submarines.

19. momo1000

momo1000 King

Imperial Scandinavia is both shocked and horrified by the events at Xinjing. This tragic attack on rightful rulers by these Red Army peasants is yet another sign of the folly of the Proletariat movement. This movement is a blight on this Earth and we shall never be clean of it until we cleanse the world of all Proletariat governments. Emperor Conrad I sends his deepest condolences to the families of the victims of the Firework Massacre and hopes that with their deaths, the world will soon realize the threat that the Proletariats pose.

20. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama See ya! It has been a fun decade!

OOC: SO glad I did not send anyone to that stupid gala, a trap waiting to happen