1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Capto Iugulum: 1920 - 1939

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by EQandcivfanatic, Oct 17, 2012.

1. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

A peace deal has been reached between Burgundy and Germany.

Emperor Rober has abdicated and his place has been taken by the 21 years old Prince Joseph De Paris.

All hail the new Emperor of Burgundy!!!

2. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

OOC: Latest news from Adjuuramark! King Daniel Dravot and his whole cabinet have shot themselves this morning. Everyone who got into the cabinet room has done the same. It is rumoured that the last thing to get in before this was a cable with news from Burgundy...

3. Nintz

Nintz King of the Britons

1932 Treaty of Paris

1. Germany and Burgundy enter into a formal state of peace, as they were at the beginning of the year.

2. Emperor Robert of Burgundy will abdicate to Joseph de Paris as the new ruler of the Empire. Robert will not suffer any criminal charges.

3. The military will end martial law, and return to their legal duties as ordained by the government. Military officials will not suffer any criminal charges.

4. Elections will be held in this year, 1932, to determine new officials for the Burgundian government.

Signed,
    President Anton Drexler of the Imperial German Union
    Joseph De Paris, Emperor of Burgundy

4. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

Spoiler :

Proletarism vs. Moralism in 1932.

Proles:
    EP: 598
    Manpower: 15,869
    Average Stability: 8

Moralists:
    EP: 927
    Manpower: 5,325
    Average Stability: 8.12

5. spryllino

spryllino Deity

OOC: Nintz, I can accept some of christos's balderdash, but please can we not have a member of the House of Paris called Napoleon, for goodness' sake? That's insanely meta.

And I love the use of Spanish colonies as a propaganda tool by the Brazilians. :p

6. christos200

OOC: Why? Why do you all hate Napoleon Bonaparte?

7. spryllino

spryllino Deity

He didn't exist in this timeline, for goodness' sake! and he came from Corsica!

8. Nintz

Well, he came up with it. It is his nation after all. And Napoleon is a French name regardless, isn't it? So I'm not sure there is anything I can do about it. It would be sort of like a new German president being called Adolph without being the historical Hitler.

9. christos200

OOC: I will edit the name to Joseph.

10. Nintz

Edited document to match.

11. spryllino

spryllino Deity

No, it's an Italian/Corsican name, I think, and very much the esoteric sort of name that a French royal house probably wouldn't go for.

Joseph's good.

12. J.K. Stockholme

J.K. Stockholme Right Opposition

From Occitania
    On the Resolution of the Burgundian Crisis

This has been a confusing crisis, but regardless, if the resolution is the restoration of the democratic tradition in Burgundy, then we applaud the change, and the quickness Burgundy showed in resorting to peaceful methods.

We are however, quite disappointed the French states were not involved much at all, in fact, the crisis passed before Occitania (for one) could even make a public stance on it. We worry this treaty of Paris will be seen as a forceful imposition of German desires on Burgundy, which could have entirely been avoided if it were instead agreed on by the French states and Burgundy, with Germany as overseer of such a hypothetical peace process.

13. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

Christos really should be put on a leash.

@Lucky, moralism is not an ideology, it is a cancer.

14. christos200

It seems that the other French did not care much about their brothers who were under attack by Germany.

15. J.K. Stockholme

Excuzez-moi, this all happened within about 18 hours, most of which were during North American night-time.

IC: Our contention is that the resolution of the conflict should have been French led, not German led. Also, it is absurd to say we do not care for our French brothers and sisters because we are not willing to defend a dictatorship (which in IC terms, popped up in DECEMBER of last year) and unwilling to participate in another bloody war in western Europe when no soldier has fired a shot, and diplomacy is still a possibility.

16. EQandcivfanatic

EQandcivfanatic Zailing Captain Retired Moderator

@Lord_of_Elves: The Doctrine error will be corrected in my stats immediately. Be sure to mention this in your orders to ensure the correction does take place.

@Azale: you're welcome to India, be warned, in India there be numerous problems, a large population, and not nearly enough money to accomplish everything, if anything. It's certainly a challenge for any player and I look forward to seeing what you can and will do with it.

I see I was deprived of my televised death match. Oh well. Have fun Bair.

NPCs will purchase from player nations based on the prices they listed, but I will not be providing a list of these purchases before hand, so be prepared for influxes into your relevant EP banks.

@Ravus Sol: The Dominion of Australia does have one other person in the waiting list, but I suspect he would be amenable to you receiving it when 1935 rolls around.

I do love Portugal, the economic giant (sort of) of western Europe that no one suspects.

On Napoleon: Napoleon did in fact live in this timeline, though no one really noticed. For observant people, and those who recall a bit of CI history, there was a rebellion led in Corsica against the Papacy in the 1840s, led by a local noble. This was actually Napoleon's son, and he laid the foundation for the current monarchy that still rules that island kingdom. Therefore there can be no Bonapartes or Napoleons in France.

The NPCs were unable to respond to the crisis involving Germany for the simple reason that I was watching Arrested Development, playing FTL, sleeping, and then working. In that order.

To: Scandinavia

We thank you for your kind words and look forward to future cooperation in issues of mutual interest.

To: Occitania

Thank you for your support in these trying times, as we will seek to return capture Occitanian soldiers to your nation as soon as they are repatriated from the Libyan nation.

We were simply acting on the best interests and advice of our intelligence services, and have sought to prevent further uncouth activities from the French Brotherhood. The current measure is simply one of precaution, and we view it as a temporary act.

We echo the words of Poitou, and we would only wish to add that we will be keeping the suspension in place for a period of two years as we seek to solidify and review the border controls that exist until we determine whether we wish to renew the treaty at all.

To: Brazil

We thank you for your offer of support and would like to request a naval blockade be enacted in order to prevent the smuggling or outright support of the regime's war. In the interest of humanity, we request that such a blockade either only forbids arms transports or allows for the import of food and other vital supplies from the Colombian border. Without those conditions, we could not condone a full blockade.

To: Brazil and Puerto Rico

We have been more than reasonable, and have not acted out of aggression. The Puerto Rican ships were well beyond the limit of their supply and territorial waters, many miles away. There is no dubious implications here, they entered within two miles of our coast and begin using their weapons. They fired first upon our vessels, and we were forced to respond. Considering the situation, we feel that our offer of returning both the ship and captives, allowing this to quickly become a bygone incident, is more than fair.

To: Brazil and Puerto Rico

While we obviously are against the rise of proletarist states, we do not feel that the current situation ought to be allowed to escalate to a war or blockade. The Jamaican people are not to blame for their navy's actions, and a diplomatic solution must be found first and foremost. We'll also point out that we are miffed that the Puerto Ricans would sail through our waters to undertake a blatant act of intimidation, without even notifying us, and would issue protests to that regime for their actions in that respect. If the Brazilians endorse the flagrant violation of a nation's waters, both ours and Jamaica, than what would their security even mean?

To: Libya

We see no choice but to agree to your demands.

To: Aztlan
    CC: Jacksonia

We cannot agree to peace until the Jacksonians agree to a fair and equitable distribution of the water rights of the Colorado, including at least 50% of the waters being granted to Floridian systems. We would also insist that any peace treaty allow for both nations to give the final word and receive the benefits of any hydroelectric installation constructed on the said river, once again, split evenly. Until the Jacksonians recognize both of these two demands, there cannot be peace until victory.

17. J.K. Stockholme

From Occitania
    To Poitou, Dauphine

We are glad to hear both your measures are temporary, and look forward to the resumption of the treaty before economic relations are hurt.

18. Mysterium

Mysterium Chieftain

To: The Empire of Spain

Regarding your belief that I rule in a way oppressive to religious minorities; this is patently false, as I was elected, by popular vote, on my platform of religion. I have been given consent to govern by my people. You speak of rights, which is immaterial, as you ignore fundamental cultural differences as well as the wishes of these countries. To demonstrate your supposedly democratic and objective approach, a referendum in territories in which your rule has been question would clarify if you should withdraw. If these movements are simply extremist minorities, then these objections are void. If, however, most people wish to peacefully leave, you should respect this.

To: People of Morocco

You are in the middle of the bests of Jihad, justice, in the face of oppression. Ask your government for a referendum, and guide yourselves with the will of the people. Do not be swayed by petty differences and concerns, but act as a united front against the oppressor.

To: Tunisia, Egypt, Sudan
    CC: Any concerned parties

Subject: Arab League Legislation

1) We propose adopting open borders between member countries of the Arab League. Any citizen of member countries, with papers identifying themselves, will be allowed to pass freely over our borders. We hope that this will foster economic growth and cooperation between us.

2) We propose extending the mutual defense treaty to a structure should any member wish to wage an offensive war. The nation in question must receive a majority consent from other member nations. Each nation receives one vote, which is taken in secret. In the event the vote is tied, war may not be declared. We hope this will allow our alliance to weather time and prove we are not aggressors.

3) We propose eliminating tariffs between our nations to a flat rate of 3%. We hope this will encourage economic and cultural cooperation between member countries.

19. DuneBear

DuneBear Warlord

To: World

The government of Mayaland is seeking funds, amounting to the total of 38 EP, for the completion
    of the Chicoasén Dam. Interest on said funds will be +3 EP per year until all funds borrowed
    are repayed.

Mayaland is also seeking to establish trade agreements with any interested nations. Please respond by private cable if interested.

20. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

I'm pretty sure Morocco is majority Catholic in this world. It's been Spanish for four hundred years or something.