Capto Iugulum: 1920 - 1939

The fact that you are playing an authoritarian France and chose to use Hitler instead of De Gaulle as your head just boggles the mind.

To: Libya
CC: Sudan, Tunisia

The nation of Egypt agrees with all of your proposals & believes that should be implemented immediately between our nations, as they will only serve to strengthen the Arab Pact.

OOC: You used Clark Gable....

OOC: He's using Hitler as a likeness for someone else. Heavy handed, but do what you want to. It's a game and having fun. EQ used Churchill as the inventor of flight, and Drexler is still into politics, so it's pretty heavily implicit that real world people can still exist in this world and can still have their same career interests

And flat out using Adolph Hitler, wearing German Insignia, as a French !notNazi. I used an obscure Norwegian Politician and a Slovene Poet for Ole Gudrunsson and Fredrik Gustavski respectively. If you use photos, you will end up using real people. The thing is, what Christos is doing is outright copying exceedingly well-known RL people, sometimes with superficial renames, which is immersion breaking.

The fact that he is using de Gaulle at all boggle my mind. THIS ISN'T OUR TIMELINE!

As is probably pretty obvious I have no issue with co-opting OTL figures for the purposes of the NES. What I do have an issue with is doing so in a way that makes no sense, or is just gamey and lacks originality (crowbarring Hitler of all people into a position of power in France just for the sake of drawing parallels to That One Totalitarian Regime).

OOC: Malcolm X will one day be President of Jacksonia :p

Actually, I personally find LoE's use of a Finnish aristocrat that was completely anti communist to be more bothersome :p

Also, de Gaulle isn't even "French" in this world. He was born in what is Flanders here. How he became a Burgundian general is beyond me. Unless he was born somewhere else, in which case he wouldn't even be himself.

OOC: You mean of the UPRA. :p

Actually, I personally find LoE's use of a Finnish aristocrat that was completely anti communist to be more bothersome :p

And as I have said before, I think you are willfully ignoring Scandinavian history. The politics just don't exist for CI's Mannerheim to be OTL's Mannerheim.

OOC: And neither would they for DeGaulle or for Hitler.

Look is it heavy handed for Christos to do what he's doing? Yes. Is it improbable that this would happen? Sure. But considering that we have a well known American actor as the Brazilian Emperor and an anti communist Finnish hero as the leader of a Proletarian Scandinavian nation, I think you're a bit on thin ice there yourself.

Christos, do whatever you want to do. Your heavy handed use of Adolf Hitler is just the latest in a long line of ways you make the nesing community that you can do :) But you know what, roll with the punches. March on! March on to the beat of your own drum!

OOC: And the Che will be some sort of film producer or something. :lol:

But considering that we have a well known American actor as the Brazilian Emperor

He isn't Clark Gable, that is just the closest representative of how he looks. Do you have no understanding of the use of likeness? Are you mentally ******ed?

And maybe Hitler is the closest representation of what Hollande looks like? I'm not saying that Clark Gable was the Brazilian Emperor, I was saying you used his image for the Emperor, so Christos can use Hitler, or honestly, whoever the hell he wants, for his commander

And maybe Hitler is the closest representation of what Hollande looks like? I'm not saying that Clark Gable was the Brazilian Emperor, I was saying you used his image for the Emperor, so Christos can use Hitler, or honestly, whoever the hell he wants, for his commander

Yes, he can. But that isn't what I'm complaining about. I'm complaining about the use of de Gaulle in the same occupation and fame as the real life de Gaulle. I also complain about Anton Drexler and Mannerheim, and all number of others that do the same.

Top Bottom