Capto Iugulum: Empires and Nations

To Brittany
From Normandy

Firstly, if you call them thieves, because they take profit, then your "thieves" are at work as well as far south as Toulouse and inland as Orleans. And beyond.
Secondly, please describe how they are unjust? If you wish for a merchant treaty to prevent this from every happening again, in either state, then we are willing to talk. After all, your merchants in our ports... are rather vulnerable to our recent riots, aren't they? What if, say, our Port Guard slips one day?
As for 'pitiful embargo', realize that our Recession ended mere months since the reopening of that particular trade route, only to be struck by the plague and various slavery issues. This embargo will lose you one-third of your business if enacted. It will cost us only one-fifth of ours.
Finally, your final statement is expected. What civilized person would allow the reduction of the rights of their citizens and not protect their rights as nation-states; Oh wait, you did by expecting us to roll over like a savage dog away from this issue. Nevermind!

All I ask is justice for all which are involved in a neutral court acceptable to both of us. If our merchants are "thieves", which I doubt, we will retract our support and accept that. If they are truly victims, then I expect we both to respect any such decision from the neutral court.

My Norman people cannot wait for just for long; they clamor to bloody the bayonet and gain justice by blood. This will be worst case, which will work in the name for all our enemies; a war between us will bleed the power of our monarchies and empower the liberal subversives.

If push comes to shove, we will not forget this. You will need to watch your back; personally.

- Philip IV, King of Normandy

To: Normandy

We will not allow our citizens, who attacked in a mob, and can hardly be identified for any neutral court, be hauled for a trial in another country.The matter should be considered over, as you stated, war benefits neither of us. We are prepared to defend ourselves, and we suggest you drop an issue you clearly cannot enforce.

To: Flanders

Your choice was a wise one, and we will not forget it in the future. We have stated in the past that we wish only for peaceful relations with Flanders, and your recent actions have made this possible.

To: Paris

We are glad to see that Burgundy has the support of her Parisian allies.

To: Dauphine

We can assure Dauphine that our goals for this war do not include the annexation of Orleans. However, we would remind you that it was the aggressive policies of Orleans that began this war, and as such, any consequences they reap will have been their own doing.

Since Portugal got royally crapped on, I'd like to switch to Kiev out of the European BS mostly and kinda start a fresh nation off.

To: Prussia

We apologize for our earlier comments. We have realized our mistake and hope to work with Prussia in the future.

To the International Community
From Normandy
Re: Resolution of the Caen Harbor Incident

The Caen Harbor Incident has been resolved when the Kingdom of Brittany and the Kingdom of Normandy both pledge to patrol their ports to guard against such incidents from happening again. The merchants of the Caen Harbor Incident will be compensated by the Norman government, and allowed to return to a pacified Breton port. War is averted and trade preserved. Let it now enter the annals of history.

-Philip IV, King of Normandy

For those not paying attention to the front page, the next update shall be this coming Thursday. Get orders in on time this time if you don't want to wait another month.

I don't see why not.

Treaty of Managua
In this Year of Our Lord 1836, the Empire of Holy Spain and the United States of New Spain sit down and negotiate the following Peace Treaty, that will hold for centuries, and accept the following conditions:
  • The Empire of Holy Spain (EHS) recognizes the independence of the United States of New Spain (USNS).
  • The borders between the EHS and the USNS will be the current frontline of the war between both nations.
  • The USNS recognizes EHS's ownership of the colony of New Spain (from now on to be renamed as Yucatán) as it stands currently and swears to never support nor succor any rebels in any of the current or future EHS's colonies.
  • The USNS gives the EHS sole rights to the construction of a canal communicating the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean using the San Juan River and Lake Nicaragua as starting points.
  • The USNS will give Spanish merchants tariff-free trade within USNS territory.
  • The EHS will give USNS ships free passing along the future Nicaragua Canal.
  • The USNS will cede the mouth of San Juan River and the mouth of the western arm of the future Nicaragua Canal for the construction of two military bases, that shall remain territory of the EHS.
  • The maximum of brigades allowed to be on the forts will be 2.
  • If asked by the EHS government, USNS troops may guard the EHS bases should the troops there need to leave for other place, and leave the bases when the EHS troops return.
  • EHS bases will be EHS territory.
  • Soldiers living in the bases that are visiting the USNS will be subjected to USNS laws.
Other terms may be added in future negotiations.

Signed,
Emperador Carlos VI del Imperio de la Sagrada España

Signed by the USNS

Just want to say that I'm rather bored, and I'd like orders and stuff so I can do things.

OCC: Aye, EQ, I'll send ya some orders. Gimmie a mo to collect my characteristic thoughts and comprehend my situation. Your new organization is good. I feel the flow is better with all those stats at the bottom.

Also, I would like to give my well wishes to Justo and his fiancee.

IC:

TO: Queendom of Madagascar

Greeting Queen Ranavalona! Word has reached our court about your works to unite your kingdom. We heartily acknowledged your rule over Madagascar and hope that one day we work together to better our nations. In the meantime, would you consider establishing embassies and allowing merchants from our nations to trade between us?

TO: The Kingdom of Zulu

Hail King Mpande, monarch of the proud Kingdom of Zulu! Our emperor, Ali II, sends his greeting to your court. We wish to exchange ambassadors and merchants between our nations, so that we might one day work together! Does your highness grant his consent?

To: Abyssinia

That sounds like a sound proposal.

To: Abyssinia

No.

This post is the 72 hour warning. Remember, last time ya'll took your sweet time getting orders in, it resulted in a month-long delay in the update.

To: Muscovy

We would like to build a mutual friendliness between our two nations, would you be interested with working with our nation on building a friendship?

This would be the 48 hour warning

This is the 36 hour warning.

Top Bottom