1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Capture great people / missionary?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by gavenkoa, Oct 23, 2020.

1. gavenkoa

gavenkoa Warlord

I have no that many game hours to know the answer.

I've seen AIs' Great Merchant. Can I kill/capture them?

What about missionaries?

How war status influence GP/missionaries spreading?

Does AI send GP/missionaries oversea?

It looks like it is possible to drown Great Spy, otherwise it is immortal unit ))

2. AcaMetis

AcaMetis Emperor

IIRC any unit that doesn't have a strength score disintegrates when they're attacked by a hostile military unit. Notable exceptions are workers and settlers, which are instead converted into friendly workers upon capture, as well as any unit with the "invisible to other units" tag like (great) spies, who can't be targeted by conventional military units. They can still be wiped off the map if they drown and/or burn in nuclear hellfire, mind.

As for the rest I don't recall AIs sending great people or missionaries overseas (spies, yes, but...), so I wouldn't count on AIs to spread religion for you if you're not on their continent, and they definitely wouldn't send them through hostile territory. Those units should run away at the first sight of enemy military, at least, so any such expedition should end very quickly regardless.

gavenkoa likes this.