Capture Greate People

Gilgamesch

Ancient Alien
Only a small update to the units file. This changes allowes Merchants, Artists, Scientist and Great Generals to be captured.
This mod is build as a request here on civfanatics.
Anyway i have done this for my own mod before, and thougt i should share it.
Note the Admiral cant be captured, and when you add Great People to the barbians and capture them, this will also not work.

You can get it via Steam Workshop or here.....
Let me know when you encounter any problems.

Edit tried to fix the great prophet problem when captured, but already spread ,religion, so that you cant use it for a holy side.
Bad message this is hardcoded.
Iam not sure if i will add lua funktions to this mod, because i would like to keep it small and compatible.

Attachments

• Capture Great People (v 1).rar
    1.2 KB · Views: 217
IMO Great Generals shouldn't be captured. Why should the join the other side especially when attacked by hostile units. It's something else when "rescuing" them from barbarians. So... is a future version planned where you can capture them from barbarian camps?

IMO Great Generals shouldn't be captured. Why should the join the other side especially when attacked by hostile units. It's something else when "rescuing" them from barbarians. So... is a future version planned where you can capture them from barbarian camps?

Lol yeah i was thinking nearly the same, when i created this mod. But i did this version as a request, but maybe i will change this in the next version.

For the barbarians, i gave them great people via firetuner and IGE, then i tried to capture them, and this failed.
So i have to look, what went wrong.
Thanks for the response have a nice day:=)

Yeah, it doesn't make sense much. I'd personally rather get gold upon capturing a enemy Great Person. Still, that is something that mostly happens to the AI which we should boost, not make weaker :)

This mod is updated for BNW and avaible via steamworkshop.

*Changes: If you capture a general you will get a worker instead.

If you find any issues or some critic , feel welcome and post it.

If you felt like it, could you do something with the capturing of a Prophet? For example, make a religious site. Right now there is nothing to be done with a Prophet except to kill it, as the Prophet's religion remains the same.

I've been playing a bit of BNW, and I swear capturing Great People is something that Firaxis has added to the base game. I know for sure that during a hotseat game my brother captured an enemy Great Prophet, and in a single player match I saw a Roman Merchant of Venice.

I've been playing a bit of BNW, and I swear capturing Great People is something that Firaxis has added to the base game. I know for sure that during a hotseat game my brother captured an enemy Great Prophet, and in a single player match I saw a Roman Merchant of Venice.

In the base game you can capture workers and great prophets, also you can capture a settler but you will get a worker.

So the mechanics where in the base game, but not all used and some are hardcoded.

Hmm, okay. But that still doesn't explain the Roman Merchant of Venice I saw. That wigged me out.

Hmm, okay. But that still doesn't explain the Roman Merchant of Venice I saw. That wigged me out.

Didnt touched them, its a replace of a merchant. So when venician would capture a enemy merchant the could get a what ever called there uu.
Fixed today the trait for them, damn ai playing as a superstate, is one thing but, always on the last rank its anotherstory.
I only added the missing capture classes to the Great People.
I thought this was missing in vanilla, and after a request here on Civfanatics i uploaded this version.:D

In the base game you can capture workers and great prophets, also you can capture a settler but you will get a worker.

So the mechanics where in the base game, but not all used and some are hardcoded.

In BNW you can capture great prophets, but you cannot do anything with them. They remain with the religion of their previous civ, so they will convert a city to that religion not yours. They cannot be used to create a landmark.

So the only thing to do with a great prophet is to disband it.

It would be better if ou could so something, like have it become a great writer.

In BNW you can capture great prophets, but you cannot do anything with them. They remain with the religion of their previous civ, so they will convert a city to that religion not yours. They cannot be used to create a landmark.

So the only thing to do with a great prophet is to disband it.

It would be better if ou could so something, like have it become a great writer.

Again the capture class of the great prophet is hardcoded, it cant be just replaced.
There will be a lua addon or dll support needed to make this.

I spent some time into it , only to notice it doesnt work.....

Seems that Moriboe already created a Mod in febuary with the same name and (prohably) same updates.
Big sorry for any trouble.
Damn if i could known this month ago, i wouldnt run into this shame.

This is incorrect. If you're so lucky as to capture a Great Prophet who could still spread his (foreign) religion 4 times, you *can* use him to create a Holy Site.

Top Bottom